Req SmallStepForward (again)
I know that this has been asked many times before, but it still has not been implemented yet. Let me explain why I think it would be great to have it:

I recently switched our complete house from Enigma 2 Satellite Receivers to TVHeadend Server with 4 Satellite Tuners and several XBMC clients, some of them Raspberry Pi. Everybody is satisfied with this solution, except when it comes to navigation inside of movies or especially the timeshift buffer. Fast Forward and Fast Backward are not working with the Raspberry Pi, typing in the absolute position with the number keys is not a practical solution, so the only remaining possibility is BigStepForward/BigStepBack and StepForward/StepBack with the up/down and left/right keys. As this is ok for movies, there is no possibility to navigate inside the timeshift buffer as the up/down and left/right keys are needed for channel/channel groups switching.

So my whole family asked me if it wouldn't be possible to have the same solution as with the Enigma 2 boxes, where the numeric keys of the remote control are used to navigate inside a movie or the timeshift buffer. This is very easy to operate: Number 3 jumps forward 15 seconds, Number 6 jumps forward 1 Minute and Number 9 jumps forward 5 Minutes. Numbers 1, 4 and 7 do the same steps in the opposite direction. As the Up/Down/Left/Right keys remain untouched, channel switching in TV mode would still be possible.

Ok, no problem I thought, modified remote.xml for the remote mapping and advancedsettings.xml for the jump times, but there remains one little problem: The "SmallStepForward" Function is missing, so Number Key 3 remains without function.

Any chance of seeing SmallStepForward implemented?
I think the ideal addition here would be a variable +/- option that could be used with as many buttons as one wanted. That way it would cover this request and some others. An idea like this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid782924

Now we just need to find a dev that might be interested in working on this. I'll set a trap using beer and women.
@Ned: Yes, this would be the perfect solution. Hopefully we'll find somebody who is interested in beer and women;-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SmallStepForward (again)0