HTPC to download and play HD
Hello,

I'm new here and I found this forum while searching for an HTPC just to download and play HD videos. I want something really cheap and I don't care if it's not as cute as some products, I just want it to be able to work alone (without any other pc downloading), to be able to search for torrents and to reproduce HD 720p or even 1080p (if posible) with no problems.

If heard about building your own HTPC (even with Raspberry Pi), but I don't know if it's easy or if it's worth it. I'm from Barcelona, so I supose I'll have to buy products online.

C'mon people, give me ideas!

Thanks.
I I download most of the things with torrent, it's really great. The real problem with this is to have downloading links of high quality video it's really a hard job to find these links. Watching an HD video is awesome, but it's hard to find this free.
I have some resources to obtain those links, but I don't know wich HTPC I would need to do so. I want something cheap but fully useful.
If you want cheap and don't care about looks just about any old PC made in the past few years with a new entry-level pci-e GPU video card (eg something using the nVidia 610 chipset would work well and should be cheap) will do what you want to do.
What websites do you want to shop at?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC to download and play HD0