OS X Ambitious project & impressive; but ...
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac7,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 3 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Boot ROM Version: IM71.007A.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.20f4

XMBC 12.2 - 5/12/2013

Very, very impressive and I do like the direction your going. For now, though, I'll play with it some; but not quite ready for prime time in my opinion.

I understand your drive to get all the info you can; but I am not a beta tester and, quite frankly, I'm just not that into you at this point.

What I can and will give you is an honest appraisal of my experience. If you have specific questions about that experience, I'll try to provide relative info; but, having done systems/programming (big iron) for 30 years, somebody there ought to be able to figure out how to revert control of the remote without my having to chase down a bunch of technical specs, logs, and reports,

I noticed several things I thought I'd pass on. If general comments are not desired or will be ignored, please let me know so I can delete my user id.

1 - Activating the Mac remote for XBMC disables it for any other Mac use, even when XBMC is not running.

2 - Trying to designate windowed instead of full screen, does not appear stable, In the System preferences, it kept reverting to full screen. If it does get into windowed mode, the bottom menu is inaccessable, cursor jumps over the menu portion. The Dock was inaccessable while XMBC is active. At some point, would like to see something like Netflix - dynamic screen sizing, if possible.

3 - I had to use Spaces (F8) to get a blank desktop to access other stuff on the Mac.

4 - FYI - I use Audio Hijack Pro to "pump up the volume" for pretty much everything, also have SoundFlower (don't currently use).

I AM impressed with what you've accomplished. I will continue to play with it and see where you are.

Be safe.

Rob
I, am, speechless Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ambitious project & impressive; but ...0