OpenELEC 3.0.6 New Install
I have been using XBMC on my HTPC as well as on my laptop with a projector in the backyard. I have to say that I love it. I tried messing around with a Pi that I bought last year and I didn't care to much for the way it worked when I put RaspBMC on it, so I sort of gave up.

A friend said that I needed to try it out again, so I put Open ELEC on it, and things seemed to be going really well. I added a few movies as a test, they are all in .iso or .vob format, and I wanted to check them out. Every time I try to open the movie, it opens the music visualization player. Does it not support .iso or .vob, or am I just doing something wrong? When I used RaspBMC last year, they played, but were choppy. I just wanted to see what they look like now, but I'm sort of lost as to what to do next. Thanks.
Have you added you mpeg2 license?
When I bought the Pi, I bought the two licenses that were available at the time. I don't believe there are any new codecs, but searching my email I do believe that I do have the mpeg2 license.

The two that I have are:
decode_MPG2=
decode_WVC1=
(2013-06-26, 18:38)Towndrunk Wrote: When I bought the Pi, I bought the two licenses that were available at the time. I don't believe there are any new codecs, but searching my email I do believe that I do have the mpeg2 license.

The two that I have are:
decode_MPG2=
decode_WVC1=

Is there a number after those entries in config.txt?

Can you ssh in and report output of:
Code:
vcgencmd get_config decode_MPG2
vcgencmd codec_enabled MPG2
grep Serial /proc/cpuinfo
Thanks. It was my mistake. I remembered that the codec was tied to the serial number of the unit, so I thought I made the changes on the Pi back in the day and not the actual SD card. I added the changes to the SD card of the current install and that took care of the issue. Thank you very much for you help, and it seems as though Open ELEC works a lot better than the version of RaspBMC that I had last year. Thanks again.
Nice, I have this problem but wasn't sure what was wrong.. Will dig out my licenses Smile

Any ideas the email address the licenses came from?
Edit : NM, found them ([email protected])

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC 3.0.6 New Install0