New HTPC based on haswell
Hey guys.

Planning on building a new htpc for the bedroom, according to anand the Intel Core i5 4570T 2,9GHz Socket 1150 seems to handle 24p correctly and seems to be an overall nice cpu for a htpc due to the sweet 35W TDP.

Just wondering if anyone have built one for xbmc already and encountered any weird problem using the internal GPU 4600? Last I bought an i3-2100T and dxva was a nogo for some reason so im checking before I buy this time Smile

Was looking at Asus H87M-Plus as mobo, dont really need z87 but I do need a PCI-slot for the soundcard. Any thoughts on this?

Regards

Alex
Why do you need a sound card? mobo integrated sound with HDMI out should be sufficiently awesome. mobo spdif sound out is pretty damn good.
I do not use HDMI for sound. There is a difference in the soundquality from a motherboards optical output vs a good soundcards coaxial output. Have tried it a dozen times and I know there is a difference and it is not a small one at that either. (If you have a highend soundsystem, try the coax output on a Essence ST (PCI) vs a mobos optical out, the difference is quite massive.)
OK, why would the digital stream be different in a way that is not irrelevant to your DAC?
192/24 is 192/24, is that not true?
There is one and zero. There are no "better" or "stronger" ones or zeros.If there are errors in the stream and you can hear the results of these errors, would not the whole concept of a digital computer be useless? In an executing program, ONE corrupt bit can DESTROY the usefulness of the program so there is a lot of care taken to ensure the all bits get faithfully transmitted in a digital signal path.

I question the methodology you used to make the determination.

But I know that it is pointless. Please ignore me.
(2013-06-30, 14:28)Shike Wrote: Hey guys.

Planning on building a new htpc for the bedroom, according to anand the Intel Core i5 4570T 2,9GHz Socket 1150 seems to handle 24p correctly and seems to be an overall nice cpu for a htpc due to the sweet 35W TDP....
Regards

Alex

Alex,
Have you found a source to buy that 4570T from? That's the processor I would like to build my htpc with, but so far, I have been unsuccessful in locating a source for it.

Thanks,

Doug
Wouldn't waiting for the i3 version be a better option as I would assume it uses even less power while offering the same graphics?
It depends on how long I have to wait for the i3 version. A month or two would be OK, but not much longer than that.
I didn't think there were going to be any i3 Haswells.
these are the chip product codes: http://asder00.blogspot.it/search/label/Roadmap
Ah OK. Looks like those have turned up in the last couple of weeks, and I've not been paying too much attention Smile
@Shike What case are you thinking of putting your build in?
Looks like money ain't a thing, I'd suggest hdplex for the case.
Yeah for sure hdplex it's the best (imho)
I have a silverstone grandia 06 that I'm putting the stuff into.

The CPU itself seems to be troublesome to get a hold of, we had 7 of em in sweden and I managed to get my hands on one of those, I'll be reporting back once the htpc is built and installed with xbmc Smile
Is your HTPC already built? How does the Hasswell setup perform under XBMC? any isses?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New HTPC based on haswell0