Video Output has ceased to function
Hello,

I have frequently been using these forums as a reference, but this is the first time that I've logged in to ask a question. I've tried searching for an answer to my problem here, Google, and Stack Overflow, but I haven't encountered any threads covering this issue.

I have the current build of Raspbian with a current compiled copy of XBMC. I spent the better part of the day yesterday finishing the setup, with everything working fantastic. I was able to connect to my media smb share, add channels like youtube, and changed the skin to Quartz.

Everything was still working when I woke up this morning, but I encountered a few playback problems with certain video files. The most likely cause was codecs, so I went ahead and threw a few dollars to a good cause and received the keys within a few hours. To load the codec keys, I did the following-

sudo nano /boot/config.txt

Here I added the lines specified per instruction. Saved and exit.

sudo reboot

Now, I am seeing the normal boot sequence, and briefly see the desktop before getting a blank screen. I can VNC into the the device, where I attempt-

sudo xbmc-standalone

And still......blank screen.......

Does anybody have any idea why video has stopped working?
Another user had a problem which he solved here. The posting contains some commands which you may find of use to sort the problem.

BTW does the monitor (display) show any message when it ceases to get anything displayed (Entering power saving or somesuch?)
Derek
I appreciate the response, but that does not describe the problem I was having.

After further research, it seems that something went wrong with the build, causing instability. It would intermittently work, albeit briefly.

I reimaged the SD Card last night using a pre-built image (OpenELEC, gets my thumbs up) and had everything setup properly within about 15 minutes, running much faster and smoother than before.

Going to assume that there were probably several problems going, that would not have been worth troubleshooting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Output has ceased to function0