XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.22 Average
ubik Offline
hi negge,
thanks for the commits !

I've added some features on my xbmc-video-server if someone want the code :
- for the TvShow API i added : 'premiered', 'studio', 'fanart...',
- for the Movies the array of the director, and i added those directors in the list view
- the youtube trailer for the movies and tv shows
- and the most important for me and my friends : the possibility to download the subtitles in the widget if they are present in the directory of the movie) but if i removed them, i have the same idle.

Thanks for your time and your great work on this project !
(This post was last modified: 2016-08-24 03:14 by ubik.)
find quote
willburstyle06 Offline
It seems like the only thing preventing the server from being able to stream all the videos with the watch in browser feature is the type of audio the file is encoded in.
For instance every movie on my server streams in Chrome that has AAC audio (2.0-5.1 channel). But movies with Dolby Digital / DTS I have to use the watch as playlist feature. Is this more of a problem with Chrome Players video player audio codecs capabilities and can you possibly update the server to automatically convert audio to AAC like Plex does?
(This post was last modified: 2016-09-14 16:51 by willburstyle06.)
find quote
negge Offline
yo guysv7may bd latr tomorroe
What formats your browser can play is totally up to the browser. Chrome is probably the one that can play most formats (it supports .mkv containers while Firefox doesn't do that, etc.).

There was some work done on transcoding a few years ago, but it never got finished. It would be great if someone would pick it up because I don't really have the motivation for it. I use the "watch as playlist" all the time as well.
find quote
willburstyle06 Offline
So theoretically if I could find a browser that supported the audio codecs ( Dolby / Flac / DTS) I could play every movie in browser?
find quote
negge Offline
yo guysv7may bd latr tomorroe
Theoretically yes, although you'd have to edit the checks done in the code to actually get the option to play in browser (it's done based on container and codec formats).
find quote