All PVR Clients enabled, but no TV Chanels
Hello,

I have recenlty purchased a Raspbury Pi with XBMC pre loaded. It seems to be working, but there are no TV chanels listed, except for the demo chanels. There are also some flashing errors in the bottom right of the screen, saying "Connection Lost" for each enabled PVR Client in succession. The "4od" add-on also has no content, but "Classic Cinena" seems to work fine.

I am thinking that my intenet connection is poor, but when testing the broadband speed on a lap top, the speed is about 6-8Gbytes.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks,

Graham.
The PVR clients are there to allow you to connect to the relevant PVR backends, which you also need to configure separately to XBMC. XBMC does not do any PVR/LiveTV stuff natively - it is all handled by a 3rd party backend application.

The PVR backend you choose will depend on what operating system you are using - for a Windows backend you will want ArgusTV or NextPVR.

The 4oD add-in is currently broken due to changes made on the 4oD site.
Thanks for the information, I knew there must be some reason for the problem. I will do some reseach on the subject and gain some more understanding about what I am doing.

Graham.
Firstly, what country are you in...

Secondly, what kind of TV tuner hardware do you have?

Thirdly, what device do you want to connect this TV tuner hardware to?

Do you have a PC in your house acting as a server for media files - do you want this to do the LiveTV stuff as well?

The Raspberry Pi might struggle with doing the LiveTV stuff as well as XBMC. If it's a PC, what operating system will you want to run on it?
Hello again,

I have done a bit of reading on the Internet and have realised that that this is not what I want to do. I was confusing Live TV with Internet TV.

Let me start from the begining, My wife comes from Bosnia, we now live in the UK. She wants to watch Bosnian TV programs and I purchased the Raspbury device, because I don't want to place a satalite dish on the back of my house.

One of the Bosnian television sations that broadcasts on the Internet is OBN. What I actually want to do is setup the Raspbury to play the streaming video from this TV station. I guess I need an add-on to do this.

Sorry for the confusion.

Graham.
Addon not needed if it is open internet streaming (but easier if there is one).
You can create a stream file or playlist with the url - see here.
The syntax is not always straightforward (depends on the player the site uses amoung other things), but Google is your friend - somebody else has almost certainly done it before.
Thank you for this information, I will give it a try and post the results here.

Graham.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
All PVR Clients enabled, but no TV Chanels0