[WIP] NFL Games as TV Series
NFL Vikings fan. Wanted to add past games and this season's games to my video TV show library. Unfortunately, TVDB does not allow Sports games to be posted as TV shows, so no scaping to get my games in the library. I probably don't have all the steps listed but I was able to get a working solution by creating my own NFO files and pulling graphics off Google Images.

Here's what my NFL Vikes Series page looks like

To get the fanart image, I used Google Images, set the image search to look for an Exact size of 1920 x 1080, and I wanted to get an image from the Old Vikings so used this search

My "NFL Vikes" series folder looks like this. The contents of the TV show NFO file is listed below.

tvshow.nfo

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<tvshow>
<title>NFL Vikes</title>
<votes>0</votes>
<plot>
The Minnesota Vikings, a team from the 1960's, continues it's quest for the elusive Superbowl title. Since the team's first season in 1961, the Vikings have had one of the highest winning percentages in the NFL. They are also one of only six NFL teams to win at least 15 games during the regular season. The Vikings have won one NFL Championship, in 1969, prior to the league's merger with the American Football League (AFL). Since the merger, they have qualified for the playoffs 25 times, third-most in the league. The team has played in four Super Bowls (IV, VIII, IX and XI), losing in each one. The team currently has 12 members in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
</plot>
<genre>Sports</genre>
</tvshow>

Then the 2012 season folder looks like this. Here's an example of an early game against Jacksonville. And, yes, I am missing some games. Please let me know if you can share the ones I missed. Used google image search to look for a key photo from the game. Selected a Medium size image, since I only needed a good thumb.

Here's a screen shot of the contents of my 2012 folder.

Here's the NFO file. Also, I used a really high-tech tool called Notepad to create my NFO files. Just did a Save As, to create the next episode and only needed to change a couple tags and the NFO filename to add the next game in the schedule.

NFL Vikes - S2012E01 - 09.09.12.JAC at MN.nfo

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<episodedetails>
<title>NFL Jacksonville at Minnesota 2012</title>
<showtitle>NFL Vikes</showtitle>
<season>2012</season>
<episode>01</episode>
<logo>logo.jpg</logo>
<thumb>NFL Vikes - S2012E01 - 09.09.12.JAC at MN.jpg</thumb>
<plot>His left knee fully healed, Adrian Peterson ran hard -- and often. The Minnesota Vikings finally turned their star running back loose after months of caution, and he rewarded their trust with a typical two-touchdown game. Seemed as if he'd never been hurt.
Rookie Blair Walsh kicked four field goals, including a 55-yarder as regulation ended and another in overtime, and Peterson returned a little more than eight months after reconstructive surgery to lift the Vikings to a 26-23 victory over the Jacksonville Jaguars on Sunday.
</plot>
</episodedetails>

That's about it. Oh, for the text, I used Wikipedia - minnesota vikings 2012 schedule wiki. If you scroll down, there is a nice summary of the 2012 schedule with a link to a brief recap of each game.

Hope this helps some other sports fan. Also, all and any suggestions for improvement welcomed.
Thanks. This is exactly what I was looking for.
Excellent! Thank you for this!
Thanks for posting this, I just used this to create folders for my Super Bowls....

Blush
I'm trying to find a replay of Superbowl 2017. My PVR broke down and I missed it

placepunter Huh
We do not supply content here.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] NFL Games as TV Series2