Android Is there a way to STOP..STOP..STOP the auto-Library Update?...sick to death of it
Sad 
Hi All...sick to death of this automatic Library Update...configured and disabled the add-on and it still DOES NOT STOP, WILL NOT STOP, and I guess it CANNOT STOP.  Here to get some suggestions...what I want?  I want to complete a manual update at any time that I want to, whenever I want to.  I want control, full stop & case closed.

Is this possible?  If so, what's the best way to get it done?

Any replies appreciated, and I am thanking you so much!
What addon would that be that you have disabled ?  Kodi can be set to update its libraries on start-up but I guess thats a different thing to what you seem to be complaining about.  Have you tried uninstalling the addon you mention?
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Which addon did you disable? Update library on startup is handled via Settings/Media/Library, there is an option to disable it there.
Check settings 2.1 and 3.1 here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Library
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-08-31, 21:45)black_eagle Wrote: What addon would that be that you have disabled ?  Kodi can be set to update its libraries on start-up but I guess thats a different thing to what you seem to be complaining about.  Have you tried uninstalling the addon you mention?

The add-on I disabled is. the Kodi Add-on Library Auto Update.  When I first sign-on POWWW! ...its start updating and doesn't finish or stop for a little over 3 hours.  My media center/media libraries are huge and I don't want a single solitary update until I tell Kodi to do so.

No, I haven't tried uninstalling the add-on.
(2020-08-31, 21:46)FXB78 Wrote: Which addon did you disable? Update library on startup is handled via Settings/Media/Library, there is an option to disable it there.

Thanks much for your advice, I appreciate it!

But ...disabled Kodi Add-on Library Auto Update.  Yes, I went there and under each Library Videos and Music...I unchecked the option for update as soon as Kodi starts, resulting in nothing happening, no change, no effects.
(2020-08-31, 21:51)Karellen Wrote: Check settings 2.1 and 3.1 here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Library
Hey again and thanks for pointing me in a needed direction, but I completed that action...unchecked all libraries.  I took a break from playing around with it, sometimes it helps to just step away, and so I have and so now, I will definitely get back. Let's see what I'm dealing with now, after my break.

Thanks again!
(PS: Love the avatar/pic...enjoyed "your" show...never should've been canceled!)
If none of those actions worked, the next step is providing a Debug Log. From a proper log we should be able to see what is triggering the update. I know you have a large library, so the entire log probably won't be required, but replicate the problem, let it run for 5 minutes and then paste as much of the log as you can into the paste. It can take upto 15,000 lines, so if you paste at least 6,000 lines we should have an idea of the problem.

The avatar is from Childhood's End by Arthur C. Clarke... https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/63647-childhood-s-end
Which show are you thinking of?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-09-01, 05:29)Karellen Wrote: If none of those actions worked, the next step is providing a Debug Log. From a proper log we should be able to see what is triggering the update. I know you have a large library, so the entire log probably won't be required, but replicate the problem, let it run for 5 minutes and then paste as much of the log as you can into the paste. It can take upto 15,000 lines, so if you paste at least 6,000 lines we should have an idea of the problem.

The avatar is from Childhood's End by Arthur C. Clarke... https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/63647-childhood-s-end
Which show are you thinking of?
EXACTLY...that is the show on SYFY...canceled show...excellent show and when I said "your" show, I meant Childhood's End without saying it... referring to Karellen's show ...anyway...
Great to report-it worked, uhm, but only after some time waiting, not sure why.  I'm thinking perhaps my media center is so large it takes that time to process or stop processing things.  Presently, the only time it scans is if I tell it to scan and that is what I wanted.
I know I can be impatient at times, so it was more of me being impatient that was the problem, and not because KODI wasn't working how it is supposed to work.

Thank you for your help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a way to STOP..STOP..STOP the auto-Library Update?...sick to death of it0