Thinking on geting gigabyte brix i3, anyone have any expirance with this? good f
as the title says it, I am thinking of getting the gigabyte brix with an intel i3 core processors.

the cpu is killer but the intel hd GPU scares me.
any one used this or have any idea how should this perform?

thx
I would recommend getting a discrete GPU with it. For an extra $40 or $50, it will save you a ton of headaches. From what I have seen, the Intel drivers leave a lot to be desired on HD playback.
(2013-07-19, 20:59)wmandrewwilson Wrote: I would recommend getting a discrete GPU with it. For an extra $40 or $50, it will save you a ton of headaches. From what I have seen, the Intel drivers leave a lot to be desired on HD playback.

There's about a hundred threads here with people running XBMC on Intel GPUs without an issue. The Intel HD2000/HD3000/HD4000/HD4600 and even the older Intel HD (Clarkdale and newer) has been shown to handle 1080p without issue.

Also, where in a Brix would you put a discrete GPU?

What's this reply based on that's recent?
(2013-07-19, 20:59)wmandrewwilson Wrote: I would recommend getting a discrete GPU with it. For an extra $40 or $50, it will save you a ton of headaches. From what I have seen, the Intel drivers leave a lot to be desired on HD playback.

Show me a GPU that'll fit inside a brix! Get to know your products before spouting tosh!

I'm running a Celeron 847 NUC and it plays everything 1080p no problem. No stutter and its HD2000 graphics!
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

(2013-07-19, 20:48)carbonlord21 Wrote: as the title says it, I am thinking of getting the gigabyte brix with an intel i3 core processors.

thx

This is pretty much the same thing as the Intel Nuc, just with a few different features. If you are just using it as a media center and not a gaming machine you shouldn't have any issues.
Intel I3-4130 | Asus H81T/CSM | 8GB DDR3 | 120GB Crucial M4| KODI 14.1
SilverStone Milo ML06
Gigabyte Brix should be cheaper than a Intel NUC and soon you have a Kabini version: even cheaper!
(2013-07-19, 21:38)Cypher64 Wrote:
(2013-07-19, 20:48)carbonlord21 Wrote: as the title says it, I am thinking of getting the gigabyte brix with an intel i3 core processors.

thx

This is pretty much the same thing as the Intel Nuc, just with a few different features. If you are just using it as a media center and not a gaming machine you shouldn't have any issues.

Yes the plan is top use in the living room as a media center connected to the TV, maybe some other application not gonna run high end games on it/

the specs for the Brix im looking at are:
CPU Intel Core i3-3227U
Chipset Intel HM77
Memory 4GB DDR3
2 x SO-DIMM DDR3 slots
Max. 16GB (8GB x 2)
LAN Gigabit LAN (Realtek RTL8111E)
Graphics Intel HD 4000 graphics

my main concern is the GPU I don't really know what these intel GPUs are capable of, im a gamer and usually use the high end Nvidia cards.

I am completely ignorant regarding all the hardware acceleration and what can do true dts and all that.(sound doesn't bother me 2 much im using a receiver with HDMI but only connected with 2 speakers)

should this setup run XBMC stream 720p, 1080 p and in the future 3d (currently I hate 3d but maybe someday).
It'll do all that easily.
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thinking on geting gigabyte brix i3, anyone have any expirance with this? good f0