IMDb "Update Scan", for only newly added videos?
i'd like to see a feature where the imdb scan will only "scan" new files and look to see if previous db items still exists, if they do not, remove them.

bascially an update & clean routine.

then, if we can schedule this to run once a day... whooo!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
this is a great suggestion! i would love to see something like this implemented, it would certainly make the scan feature more user-friendly and more accurate for those who change their files around all the time. Smile

i think once a day is a bit extreme, but i know there are people out there who would actually need an update that frequently, maybe something user configurable like:

scan: once a day/twice a week/once a week/once a month
at: user configurable time

those options should give the user more than adequate control over something like this in my opinion. Smile keep up the great work!
and change the way it looks for *.nfo so that it dont need to be exakt stackedname.nfo, often its somthing else an i hate to rename all *.nfo. not shure how that should work, maby like this, first lock for stackedname.nfo then for any.nfo (in rel. dir)that has an imdb url in it?
we cant look for "any" .nfo in the directory because then you cant have more than one movie with matching .nfo in the same directory. so it first looks for stackedname.nfo first, and if nothing matches, an nfo matching the "first" filename in the stack (ie movie-cd1.nfo)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
kraqh3d
what do you think about my suggestion?

<sorry that lassep posted off topic... lassep - you should know better>
sounds great... when you're finished with it, post a patch.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
(kraqh3d @ jan. 07 2006,21:04 Wrote:sounds great... when you're finished with it, post a patch.
right after i learn c++... should only take me a few years.
the db cleanup and the schedualing should be independent.

perhaps make a timer system that calls a python script and/or builtin function?
great suggestion. scheduling should definietley be independent.

i think you should get asked if you want to update or scan from scratch when doing a "scan all movies".
When you start approaching 500 videos it takes a very long time to "scan all to database". An option to scan new like the music section has would be great.

I know you can go through and add new movies to the database individually, but sometimes I forget which ones I've acquired recently.
I'm actually hoping an Auto-Scan feature where it periodically (e.g. daily) scans without any needed intervention.

This would be ideal. I leave my xbox on 24x7 so setting it for say 4 AM would be perfect.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IMDb "Update Scan", for only newly added videos?0