[SOLVED] XBMCbuntu Customization
Hi All -

I'm trying to use XBMCbuntu on a system that I've blown the hard drive out but I need it to connect to my db over sql so two questions to do this:

1. Is there any way I can modify the custom cd to use my advancedsettings.xml - I tried using the Ubuntu customize live cd instructions (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCDCustomization) and I tossed my xml file into /usr/share/xbmc/userdata/ but then I couldn't boot up any more - it got stuck on the XBMC media center screen

2. Can I enable wifi and have it auto connect to my wireless network? I think this will require me customizing something just not sure what.

Thanks in advanced
1. its certainly possible, but requires rolling your own xbmcbuntu build. Source is on github if you really want to.
Much easier would be to install it to a USB thumb drive and use that the boot from.

2. sure, easiest is probably to login to the desktop and use the network manager to configure wifi.
(2013-07-29, 19:27)wsnipex Wrote: 1. its certainly possible, but requires rolling your own xbmcbuntu build. Source is on github if you really want to.
Much easier would be to install it to a USB thumb drive and use that the boot from.
Trying now Smile

(2013-07-29, 19:27)wsnipex Wrote: 2. sure, easiest is probably to login to the desktop and use the network manager to configure wifi.

Hm - I didn't see this option - how do I boot to desktop?
Exit XBMC and, on the log-in page, select "XBMCbuntu" (instead of "XBMC") as the session type, enter your username/password, and log-in. You should be presented with the desktop. To return to XBMC, select the shutdown menu from the desktop taskbar, select log-out, on the log-in page select "XBMC" (instead of "XBMCbuntu") as the session type, enter your username/password, and log-in.
(2013-07-29, 19:27)wsnipex Wrote: 1. its certainly possible, but requires rolling your own xbmcbuntu build. Source is on github if you really want to.

2. sure, easiest is probably to login to the desktop and use the network manager to configure wifi.

That did it but I did open a new thread for a new set of issues (2) - ultimately I have a working setup now with wifi and sql db support which is awesome - I'll hopefully get answers to my other two issues and then the system will be perfecto.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] XBMCbuntu Customization0