Pivos Xios DX vs the Mygica atv520
No, there is no linux image for the atv520. The android build is quite stable in my experience though.
Hmm my experience of Android system on these boxes is poor. Lot of crap I just do not need as only really want XBMC on a media box as it does everything and does it well. With Android XBMC it is so slow in comparison to Linux XBMC and I also have no success in watching latest movies in HD from Icefilms and Mashup etc etc on Android XBMC but no problems at all on Linux XBMC.

I have a wonderful MyGica simple single core A9 MyGica A11 M3 box with the Version 1.15 motherboard and the latest V1.15 compatible Linux XBMC build and it works like a charm.

Would certainly look at the dual core versions (the 520B) but ONLY when a Linux XBMC image is available so until then I will wait with my excellent A11 box. Maybe there will be no new Linux images for XBMC 12 Frodo so will likely have to wait for XBMC 13 Gotham to be released before the A9 dual core Linux images are available. Does anybody know if this is indeed the case, or if not when the dual core Linux images will be available ?? .
I have an ATV520 and 720p videos work fine over wifi but 1080p videos need wired connection for fast buffering. This is normal.
Newbie here. I've got 2 ATV520 boxes. One in my bedroom and one in the basement. Last week the one in the basement would not send any image to the TV. The blue lights are on, but no image. I unplugged the power and turned it on again, but nothing. So, I took it to the other TV to try it out with the same result. All this while the box in my bedroom was working. I took the box downstairs and it worked as well. Today, the same box that was working has the same symptoms as the first box: both have power, the blue lights are on, however, no display to any of the TVs. I've checked and re-checked the hdmi cables, unplugged and re-plugged the boxes to no effect.

Please help me!
I had the same problem with my ATV520 not showing any image to my TV. I contacted the support desk, and the following solution worked for me.

1.Download below firmware and don't unzip.
www.geniatech.com/down-eng/androidtvbox/update_stvmx_20130805_eng.zip
2.Copy all files into SD/TF card root directory

factory_update_param.aml
factory_update_param.ubt
spi_MX.bin
uImage_recovery
update_stvmx_20130805_eng.zip

3.Insert SD/TF card into the box;
4.Press and hold the upgrade/reset button, plug in power adapter;
5.Hold the button for about 10 seconds;
6.Loose the upgrade button, wait for 1-2 minutes(screen has no display at this time),
and then normally you will see robot screen,it is updating the firmware;
7.After finished, the box will restart.

NOTES:

1.Don't use USB disk,only can use SD/TF card.
2.Don't unplug the power in all process until the upgrade is complete.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pivos Xios DX vs the Mygica atv5200