Mouse, issue, stuttering issues/suggestions
Greetings.

I have three issues ..

1. MOST movies show visual stuttering when played. Not a lot, my SO can't see it except when the camera is moving fast over a landscape or something. But it's there. When I play the sma movie in Mediaplayer Classic or VLC, it's gone. 100% fluid. So it's becoming a regular thing to locate which movie to watch in XBMC, start to play.. oh, stuttering, switch to VLC. Is this a codec issue of some kind? i would've guessed network issue (slow wifi) but as it's working nicely in VLC it sounds less likely. Hm I realize this was not a feature suggestion really...

2. My mouse is very sensitive. It's on the sofa. Adjust your position in the sofa slightly and the mouse registers movement, thus the bottom hud pops up when watching a movie.Could you add a threshold in XBMC for when to register movement? Like, unless you move the mouse X pixels it doesn't count. I imagine it would help in the rest of the GUI as well.

3. Profile-specific genres. Really. I made an adult profile to hide the adult movies from the kids. Added some adult addons and an adult movie folder. And BAM. About 100 or so adult genres appeared. "Redheads", "Lesbian", "Teen", "Anal", "Fisting" and so on and so on. Even if the actual movies were hidden. Imagine my kids trying to locate the Family genre...."Dad, what's this??" No, not good.

OR

Possibility to have two completely separate instances of XBMC on the same machine.

OR

Portable XBMC that works 100% without having to hack and hexedit..

Well.. that's about it, I s'pose!

Keep up the great work! Smile
1) Did you check your audio settings? It sounds strange but quite often the stuttering is caused by incorrect audio settings. Secondly, I switched on the DVXA2 setting in video settings and that helped me with this issue.

2) just put your mouse on the table Big Grin or use your phone as a remote (that's what I do)

3) You might want to look into profiles. Your kids can start a different profile which has different content.
1) this is microstutter during panning. Enable "Adjust refreshrate to match video fps" in system->video->playback" should get rid of it...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Miss_80, regarding profiles, yes I tried that. The thing is that the genres are shared! so while they do not see the actual movies, the genre listing hints of what is hidden...

Memphiz, Thanks, I'll try that! Smile And also the audio setting mentioned by Miss_80!
(2013-08-06, 15:49)Nebol Wrote: Miss_80, regarding profiles, yes I tried that. The thing is that the genres are shared! so while they do not see the actual movies, the genre listing hints of what is hidden...
hmm they really should not be.
any one else that can confirm this is the case?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Nebol - how have you setup the kids profile? It should use it's own library and not share anything in this case.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mouse, issue, stuttering issues/suggestions0