• 37(current)
Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences
(2015-01-20, 21:12)sunnyhero Wrote:
(2015-01-02, 07:47)xbmcdoc Wrote:
(2014-12-03, 20:15)sunnyhero Wrote: Hey boss any update....... Thanks in advance for your time and help

Any luck Sunnyhero? Someone mailed me a ATV1200 and I was successfully able to unbrick it. Let me know if you need a link to the file. I think it was the same files send by AuXBoX a few post up.

NO luck yet but i am going to try with your new advise and will update you this weekend. Anyway thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Did not work....when box boots from sd card the front light goes blue from red but after that nothing happens....tried at least ten times and couple of times waited for one hour but without any luck... Now gave up on this box because not sure what else can do with this box?
(2015-02-08, 23:49)primecutz Wrote: I got my first try at A520e today and was extremely disappointed. I tried to flash with the Linux kodi 14.0 FW, but it turned out to be Gotham 13.2.

Since it was loaded, I gave it a shot, but was unable to connect to my wifi network. My access point would not show up in the network-manager 12.0.

Does anyone know what I did wrong?

I flashed it back to android, 4.2 and it is running 12.2 frodo right now. Its okay, but seems a bit flakey at times, and I get a lot of buffering.

I'd prefer to get the linux running, because it will boot directly into xvmc so if anyone knows how I can connect to wifi, please advise.

This thread is for Android, for linux use
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=180446
(2015-02-09, 01:22)sunnyhero Wrote:
(2015-01-20, 21:12)sunnyhero Wrote:
(2015-01-02, 07:47)xbmcdoc Wrote: Any luck Sunnyhero? Someone mailed me a ATV1200 and I was successfully able to unbrick it. Let me know if you need a link to the file. I think it was the same files send by AuXBoX a few post up.

NO luck yet but i am going to try with your new advise and will update you this weekend. Anyway thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Did not work....when box boots from sd card the front light goes blue from red but after that nothing happens....tried at least ten times and couple of times waited for one hour but without any luck... Now gave up on this box because not sure what else can do with this box?

You might want to check with p_turner_uk he was able to recover 2 of them using the files I send him. See link:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1904880
I did send pm to p_turner as well as posted on the above mentioned forum....will wait for his response.
Once again thanks for your help
(2013-10-04, 21:34)c00per17 Wrote: Just thought I'd chime in about the remotes & Power Standby situation. I'm using the MyGica Motion Remote. Picked it up from Canada Computers when I bought my box and it works great.

Running on the latest firmware I do have issues with the standby mode as well. If left in standby for long periods of time the box will stop responding and have to hard boot it just to get it going again.. Having said that, i never shut off the box now.

(2013-09-24, 19:40)chesterfield Wrote: Thanks, I rebooted the atv520 box a few times and all of a sudden youtube sound is now working. Now I'm having another issue with the box - when I turn it off (via the remote that came with it) and on again a few minutes later, all is fine. But if I turn it off and then a few hours later turn it on again, I just get a blank grey screen. The only way I have found to fix this is to physically unplug the power cord from the box, then plug it in again. I'm using a wired internet connection (turned wifi off) so I don't think it's my internet. Has anyone else had this problem?

One thing I noticed is sometimes the volume on the box will mute itself. If you find the sound stops working, check your volume level on the box.

Running the latest firmware I'm still having the same power issue as you are having. Hopefully its fixed in a future firmware release. For the time being i just leave the box powered on.

(2013-09-24, 19:40)chesterfield Wrote: Thanks, I rebooted the atv520 box a few times and all of a sudden youtube sound is now working. Now I'm having another issue with the box - when I turn it off (via the remote that came with it) and on again a few minutes later, all is fine. But if I turn it off and then a few hours later turn it on again, I just get a blank grey screen. The only way I have found to fix this is to physically unplug the power cord from the box, then plug it in again. I'm using a wired internet connection (turned wifi off) so I don't think it's my internet. Has anyone else had this problem?

One thing I noticed is sometimes the volume on the box will mute itself. If you find the sound stops working, check your volume level on the box.

Running the latest firmware I'm still having the same power issue as you are having. Hopefully its fixed in a future firmware release. For the time being i just leave the box powered on.

Hi there, I am also having this problem with the ATV520E box freezing after after updating the firmware to get Kodi.

It seems to turn itself on and off at random times and if I leave it for a while, like overnight, the next day I try turn it on, it won't turn on Huh

Sometimes trying to turn it on makes the Red LED go off and the Blue LED come on, but the system shows nothing on the screen. Sometimes I have managed to get the screen to come on by unplugging and then replugging the HDMI cable in, I have read before that doing this with an active HDMI cable could be bad for whatever system is sending or receiving the audio/video signals so I do not want to try it too often Rolleyes

The only thing which constantly works is unplugging the power for the box and then plugging it back in and waiting for it to boot.
Another thing I have noticed with the new firmware is that when you try to play media from an external USB drive which is plugged in, it can not find the files, this is also fixed by unplugging and then plugging in the USB cable again Undecided

If someone has any suggestions or resolutions please let me know, this would be greatly appreciated Nod
(2015-04-02, 09:38)callmezorro Wrote: Hi there, I am also having this problem with the ATV520E box freezing after after updating the firmware to get Kodi.

It seems to turn itself on and off at random times and if I leave it for a while, like overnight, the next day I try turn it on, it won't turn on Huh

Sometimes trying to turn it on makes the Red LED go off and the Blue LED come on, but the system shows nothing on the screen. Sometimes I have managed to get the screen to come on by unplugging and then replugging the HDMI cable in, I have read before that doing this with an active HDMI cable could be bad for whatever system is sending or receiving the audio/video signals so I do not want to try it too often Rolleyes

The only thing which constantly works is unplugging the power for the box and then plugging it back in and waiting for it to boot.
Another thing I have noticed with the new firmware is that when you try to play media from an external USB drive which is plugged in, it can not find the files, this is also fixed by unplugging and then plugging in the USB cable again Undecided

If someone has any suggestions or resolutions please let me know, this would be greatly appreciated Nod

Where did you get the firmware from? I don't see a Kodi build in http://www.geniatech.com/news.asp
Hi xbmcdoc, I downloaded it from: http://mygica.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=2521

(2015-04-03, 19:07)xbmcdoc Wrote:
(2015-04-02, 09:38)callmezorro Wrote: Hi there, I am also having this problem with the ATV520E box freezing after after updating the firmware to get Kodi.

Where did you get the firmware from? I don't see a Kodi build in http://www.geniatech.com/news.asp
Interesting. Should work with that build. What I usually do is install the firmware that worked better for me and just pull the KODI build and launcher from the new builds. After downloading the file you can unzip it and look for backup apps and you will see Kodi in there as com.xbmc.kodi.apk
Thanks xbmcdoc, will give that a try Nod
Does this tv box support webcams? I know I am a bit off topic but i have a Microsoft vx-1000 lying around
(2015-04-21, 16:00)nijo123 Wrote: Does this tv box support webcams? I know I am a bit off topic but i have a Microsoft vx-1000 lying around

I have not tried it but it is advertise to work with Skype. I can try with a Microsoft LifeCam tonight and report back if needed.
that would be very nice of you....thanks
btw. which Lifecam do you have?
(2015-04-21, 18:17)nijo123 Wrote: that would be very nice of you....thanks
btw. which Lifecam do you have?

LifeCam Cinema. If you do not have an android box I would recommend getting a new processor version. The newer quad-core processors are Amlogic S802, S805, S812.
I found out that my LifeCam does not work with any of the Android boxes...I'll just figure something out to keep it cheap
My Cinema did work but the resolution is very bad, like a 3MB camera. Looks like it only really work with Android compatible cameras.
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences5