Dear respected experts, I need help!
Question 
Hello everybody.
I am an absolute beginner at XBMC. I have spent some good time customizing it and watching how to videos. Now what I really would like to do is to be able to save the videos directly to my HDD. For example, If I searched for the movie Pacific Rim and started watching it. How can I save it to my desktop as pacificRim.mp4 or whatever other extension?
I have read some of the threads here and you guys are talking about exporting parts of the library with metadata and all of that but I really don't understand because it is not step by step process.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks a million
Sal
Just an FYI, http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=149712
Just to elaborate a bit, XBMC is not designed to download and store media. The library export that you read about just exports the metadata, or data about the media. Other than streaming services like Hulu, I think most people use XBMC with media that they have obtained through other means. Copyrighted material is presumably obtained by ripping purchased disks. In this forum, most discussion of piracy (which I think those add-ons that Ned linked to are about) is more or less forbidden.

I could be slightly wrong on some of this, but that's the gist of it.
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
Funny how every day people refer to naming of material they have clearly downloaded - filenames full of scene group names. But the moment someone mentions getting essentially the same material from a streaming site they risk a ban.

I guess the difference is that XBMC is not used to get something via bittorrent/newgroup, whereas using a streaming site is using XBMC directly to get the material.

Never mind, we are all guests and thems the rules. You think they are anal around here, try the mythtv user mailing list.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Sort of. That was a total guess on my part, but it's a fairly good bet that he was talking about one of those add-ons. Pacific Rim is still in some theaters, after all...

BitTorrent is a protocol. If someone started talking about how to get movies from ThePirateBay, we'd tell them to knock if off. So it's more about sites that are dedicated to piracy vs a method of getting something.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dear respected experts, I need help!0