• 28(current)
[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher
(2015-05-09, 02:25)nickr Wrote: Debug log (wiki)

Huh?
Anyone been able to point chrome launcher to chrome on a Windows drive that shows up in Openelec?
(2015-05-09, 02:31)headcreep Wrote:
(2015-05-09, 02:25)nickr Wrote: Debug log (wiki)

Huh?
Post a debug log
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-05-09, 02:58)headcreep Wrote: Anyone been able to point chrome launcher to chrome on a Windows drive that shows up in Openelec?
Don't be silly. Chrome compiled to run on windows is never going to work in Linux.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
i don't have access to the log even if i could read it, i am on windows
(2015-05-09, 03:25)nickr Wrote: Don't be silly. Chrome compiled to run on windows is never going to work in Linux.
i am not being silly, i can assure you that much. it was straight forward enough question or so i thought. if my understanding of how things work is silly to you then i would appreciate you keep that to yourself, thanks.
(2015-05-09, 03:37)headcreep Wrote: i don't have access to the log even if i could read it, i am on windows
You do have access to the log.
yea, that's just it, i looked in every possible directory using the file manager. there is no log anywhere. so then i booted windows and i can't read the the flash drive for obvious reasons. so either 1 of 2 things is happening. chromium addon isn't getting far enough into launching to write anything or it is infact writting a log and i cannot find it although i looked everywhere.
i will try the kodi log uploader but short of that ill be fresh out of ideas
(2015-05-09, 02:22)headcreep Wrote: I apologize if this has already been answered as i have read about 5 pages so far and i am still learning what my options are.

I installed openelec latest stable build on a thumb drive as oppressed to reformatting my windows xp computer in favor of buying my own copy of windows 8 to have the latest version of Kodi for playing movies in the bedroom.

Did i basically screw myself out of getting Netflixbmc to work on Kodi? I tried the openelec chromium addon that was referenced but that fails to load at entirely even after successfully installing it. Says it is enabled, i go to launch and nothing happens, not even the usual " working...." In the bottom right corner, nada. I do have chrome browser installed on the windows xp drive but i have no way to point netflixbmc or chrome launcher to that location.

Can some one more experienced point me in the right direction.

The ability to run Netflix via Chromium on OpenELEC is quite new and maybe not complete. I cannot advise you on it, but you will find some discussion on the last several pages of [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2.

I hope that helps you.
-- Steve

"I just wanted a media center, not a hobby!"

HW: CPU - Intel Core i3-4130T, RAM - 4GB, Storage: 640GB, TV Tuner - HDHomeRun Connect x3
SW: OS - LibreELEC, Media Center - Kodi 18.5, Skin - Amber, PVR - TVHeadend
(2015-05-09, 03:59)headcreep Wrote: i will try the kodi log uploader but short of that ill be fresh out of ideas
SSH into your OpenELEC setup and type
Code:
paste .kodi/temp/kodi.log
the code will return a URL which you should post here.
ok i managed to get the logfile with some difficulty because the file manager does not give you direct access or close enough to the root of the path and since i don't know the location offhand either but nonetheless emailed the log to myself with the kodi log uploader, unfortunately, at a glance the log doesn't seem to mention chromium anywhere in the log

ooops forgot to post it: http://pastebin.com/Jqb3Jz2f
Please read post above yours.
(2015-05-09, 04:51)nickr Wrote: SSH into your OpenELEC setup and type
Code:
paste .kodi/temp/kodi.log
the code will return a URL which you should post here.
sorry but i wouldn't know where to begin with SSH, having never done that. and i have already wasted enough time on this, im talking hours now.
(2015-05-09, 04:21)sblack55 Wrote: The ability to run Netflix via Chromium on OpenELEC is quite new and maybe not complete. I cannot advise you on it, but you will find some discussion on the last several pages of [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2.

I hope that helps you.
okay, well thanks for that i guess. i may just look for another solution if i continue with Openelec and still need something a little more robust. Or maybe we will see Openelc mature a bit more to a point where there is no more need.
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher8