• 39(current)
[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher
I have searched and can't find a solution to my problem. I'm using chrome launcher in kodi 15.2 windows 7 ultimate sp1. I have two audio devices on my pc..one is onboard audio, the second is audio from nvidia card via hdmi to denon avr which is set as the default audio. For whatever reason when I use chrome launcher it doesn't use the default audio, it used the onboard realtek. When I use Chrome outside of kodi the audio plays out of default audio with no problems. I was able to find posts about similiar problems with kodibuntu but nothing on windows 7. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
(2016-02-19, 01:41)Delgriffth Wrote: I have searched and can't find a solution to my problem. I'm using chrome launcher in kodi 15.2 windows 7 ultimate sp1. I have two audio devices on my pc..one is onboard audio, the second is audio from nvidia card via hdmi to denon avr which is set as the default audio. For whatever reason when I use chrome launcher it doesn't use the default audio, it used the onboard realtek. When I use Chrome outside of kodi the audio plays out of default audio with no problems. I was able to find posts about similiar problems with kodibuntu but nothing on windows 7. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I think it's because Kodi use exclusive mode on sound device (WASAPI) which is mandatory for passthrough. Chrome then can't access nvidia sound while Kodi is still running then fallback to on board.

Just a guess, but if it's the case you may be out of luck.

Try select Audio output to directsound before launch Chrome Launcher to see if it's the case. If it works you have to do this everytime and change back to WASAPI when use Kodi though.
(2016-02-19, 07:43)oldpoem Wrote:
(2016-02-19, 01:41)Delgriffth Wrote: I have searched and can't find a solution to my problem. I'm using chrome launcher in kodi 15.2 windows 7 ultimate sp1. I have two audio devices on my pc..one is onboard audio, the second is audio from nvidia card via hdmi to denon avr which is set as the default audio. For whatever reason when I use chrome launcher it doesn't use the default audio, it used the onboard realtek. When I use Chrome outside of kodi the audio plays out of default audio with no problems. I was able to find posts about similiar problems with kodibuntu but nothing on windows 7. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I think it's because Kodi use exclusive mode on sound device (WASAPI) which is mandatory for passthrough. Chrome then can't access nvidia sound while Kodi is still running then fallback to on board.

Try select Audio output to directsound before launch Chrome Launcher to see if it's the case. If it works you have to do this everytime and change back to WASAPI when use Kodi though.

Thanks. I'll try it this weekend and report back.
(2016-02-19, 12:54)Delgriffth Wrote:
(2016-02-19, 07:43)oldpoem Wrote:

Thanks. I'll try it this weekend and report back.

You were correct, I did notice a few ways around it. A)Turn of gui sounds in Kodi, B) I have "keep audio device alive" set to 1 minute. After opening chrome launcher if I wait 1 minute Kodi relinquishes audio and chrome takes it over plays audio flawlessly.. I could set that to never as well. Obviously turning off exclusive mode in windows sound settings or using directsound as you sugested would also work. Thanks again for the help,
After a recent upgrade to Kodi, I'm seeing that the Chrome Launcher seems sluggish. Any ideas what it might be? It's basically impossible to try watching video within the chrome experience there.
No problem here and I'm using Chrome Launcher everyday.
Im running Kodibuntu and having problems with Chrome Launcher errors and failure to start.

I've followed the guide on http://www.flaterco.com/kb/KodiChrome.html and still will not launch.

Here is the log http://xbmclogs.com/ptazspvvi

Thanks!!
(2016-02-24, 04:06)subrah519 Wrote: I've followed the guide on http://www.flaterco.com/kb/KodiChrome.html and still will not launch.

Relevant portion in the log starts from line 786 and the error is:

OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied

That typically means that the user running Kodi does not have access rights to run the script in question .. Forgot to do step 12 from the instructions ?
rasjani's addon repo - home of reddit_tv, sciflix, moontv and few other addons.
(2016-02-24, 13:25)rasjani Wrote: Forgot to do step 12 from the instructions ?

I thought I got that part right, but I'm fairly new to this!

I entered "chmod 755 /home/kyle/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.chrome.launcher/script.sh" in terminal and pressed enter - is that incorrect?

Thank you for the reply!
Alright, I re-entered the chmod 755 line and still get and error, here is the debug log http://xbmclogs.com/pwmopy02b
(2016-02-24, 04:06)subrah519 Wrote: Im running Kodibuntu and having problems with Chrome Launcher errors and failure to start.

I've followed the guide on http://www.flaterco.com/kb/KodiChrome.html and still will not launch.

Thanks!!

(2016-02-24, 13:25)rasjani Wrote:
(2016-02-24, 04:06)subrah519 Wrote: I've followed the guide on http://www.flaterco.com/kb/KodiChrome.html and still will not launch.

Relevant portion in the log starts from line 786 and the error is:

OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied

That typically means that the user running Kodi does not have access rights to run the script in question .. Forgot to do step 12 from the instructions ?

(2016-02-24, 15:28)subrah519 Wrote:
(2016-02-24, 13:25)rasjani Wrote: Forgot to do step 12 from the instructions ?

I thought I got that part right, but I'm fairly new to this!

I entered "chmod 755 /home/kyle/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.chrome.launcher/script.sh" in terminal and pressed enter - is that incorrect?

Thank you for the reply!

(2016-02-25, 01:08)subrah519 Wrote: Alright, I re-entered the chmod 755 line and still get and error, here is the debug log http://xbmclogs.com/pwmopy02b

Ok, Just in case anyone else comes across this looking for answers or a "solve" - I got it! (ish)

My permission error was not with the script.sh, but with the browser.sh which is the custom script line in the setup for Chrome Launcher. The problem being that "/home/kyle/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.chrome.launcher/script.sh" was made executable by adding "chmod 755" in terminal, but "/home/kyle/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.chrome.launcher/browser.sh" was not, so in terminal I entered "chmod 755 /home/kyle/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.chrome.launcher/browser.sh" and bam! It ran!

I still wasn't getting chrome launcher to come up full screen, so I had to go back in vi through a terminal, which took me forever how to figure out how to do, but it's really as simple as entering "vi /home/kyle/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.chrome.launcher/script.sh" and then hitting enter. Editing in vi is weird, if you're new to it, google a tutorial. once I was inside the file in vi, I had to replace what was there with:

"#!/bin/bash
/usr/bin/google-chrome --window-size=1920,1080 --window-position=0,0 --chrome-frame "$@"

after that enter ":w" to save and ":q" to quit vi.

I reopened Netflix via Chrome Launcher, fell to my knees and began to weep, for I, a lowly scrub had actually managed to troubleshoot and solve an IT issue. The victory was bittersweet though, as I lifted my head to bask in the glory that was my victory, my girlfriend commented the video was playing with no audio. fuck.

After some google searching (and some soul searching) I experimented with numerous possible solves, with no avail. I considered the thought perhaps It was just me, and I had become deaf, but my girlfriend quickly troubleshot that issue for me. I am not deaf, and yes the garbage is out.

So here I stand, at another roadblock on the path to perfection, but I will not be bested by it - oh no, I will simply disable GUI sound, enter a string of code I do not understand and pray.
(2013-08-10, 13:17)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: Info: The mouse cursor stays on front when running Win/Linux. You can try this - i did not tested it...
I just tested this and it works just fine. Using a regex of .youtube.com/tv applies the invisible cursor just to YouTube TV and there was much rejoicing. Smile

http://superuser.com/questions/470481/ho...495#470495

Quote:One solution is to override the user stylesheet. You can use an extension like UserScrtipCSS and set a rule of body { cursor: none !important; } to match against a regex of .*.

This will obviously remove the mouse cursor completely from every page - which may or may not be what you want.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Given that the Amazon Prime Instant video plugins are gone, is there a possibility to release something / browser that allows us to play them.. especially on limited OSes like OpenElec & OSMC?

Is there some easy/ hard way to add them?
Im having trouble with Youtube Leanback, it launches beautifully, but the video won't play - It just buffers and won't start playing! Any thoughts?
Can anyone provide help, when I launch a website using Chrome Launcher, the website opens, but then closes at 4-5 seconds and Kodi is back on the screen. The website is still running in the background. I don't think I need the Open Box windows manager as everything else (size, etc.) is working fine, but the chrome window is going behind Kodi.

Kodi 16
Windows 10
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher8