[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
tatoringo Offline
I am a new user of Chrome Launcher, but I am facing a problem haven't been able to find a solution for...
When I open for instance Youtube, Kodi seems to be opening it but after a while nothing happens. Later I discovered, after I closed Kodi, that Chrome did actually launch, but it is always behind Kodi. I don't get any entry in the logfile, since there is no error I believe...

Do you know how to put Chrome in front of Kodi?
I don't want to have to close Kodi every time I use the launcher and reopen it afterwards

I am running Kodi 16 over Fluxbox on Linux x86 64-bit 4.4.26-Gentoo

Thanks
find quote
nickr Offline
Team-Kodi Member
Perhaps try a different WM. Openbox is pretty light, and I believe works.

Then again libreelec uses fluxbox and chrome launcher launches chrome in front of kodi.

Maybe something with the way you are launching kodi - setting 'always on top' or something?

If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thank user' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "Thank you" button.)
find quote
BradD Offline
Does anyone know if it's possible to get bluetooth audio working in Chromium? I am running LibreElec on an Intel machine. Bluetooth works for Kodi but I loose audio when I launch Chromium.
find quote
vgabor Offline
I run a standalone Kodi with Openbox, launching Chrome with the Chrome Launcher addon.
I am trying to setup key bindings so that pressing Home always takes me back to Kodi main screen - from any screen inside Kodi, or from any other open window (e.g. Chrome).
In other words, I need a key binding for non-Kodi windows but no key binding for the Kodi window.
Any help appreciated.
find quote
vgabor Offline
OK I got it finally.
In Openbox, I made a keybinding that is dependent on window title.
Non-kodi windows get the Close action.
Kodi windows get the Execute action. I send (a different) keypress via xdotool, which is mapped to the ActivateWindow(Home) action in kodi keymap.
find quote
markeymark Offline
First of all i want to thank asde for creating this browser. I've integrated my directv with it on my htpc

What I am wanting to ask is if it is possible that i edit the add on, own graphic etc

Obvously credit will be given to asde

Look forwarf to your reply
find quote