i want to setup my episodes and seasons for xbmc
I want to try to setup my tv shows in episodes and seasons how can I do this?
See here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...s/TV_shows
Also follow the links in the box entitled "The basic steps to adding videos to the library" on the right side of the page
You have to ensure the naming and folder conventions are adhered to. As I run multiple players and collection utilities across my network, I have gone through a fair bit of trial and error to ensure that XBMC, Thumbgen and YAMJ all work properly.

This directory/naming structure works for me in all instances:-

Top Level:-
Television->TV Active->TV ShowName
Television->TV Finished->TV ShowName

Then, below the TV Showname directory I use:-

TV ShowName S01->TV Showname S01E01
TV Showname S01E02

TV ShowName S02->TV Showname S02E01
TV Showname S02E02

To help me get the naming right without renaming everything manually, I use Bulk Rename Utility http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Main_Intro.php which has saved me a heap of pain.
I went through a lot of pain copying my TV series off of DVD when I set up my XBMC. I would highly recommend keeping the episodes separate if copying from DVDs.

I ended up using this format for ease:
top folder: TV Series
Series Name
Season 1
Show Name S1e1 (ex: 1st episode of 1st season)
Show Name S1e2 (ex: 2nd episode of 1st season)
Season 2
Show Name S2e1 ((ex: 1st episode of 2nd season)

Series name and show name are the same. Whatever the series was called is the show name like Burn Notice or Big Bang Theory or Seinfeld.
@barry D,

I always use SxxExx instead of SxEx because most series can have more than 10 seasons/episodes but less than 100 and just naming them with just 1 digit can cause sorting problems in other environments than XBMC
(2013-08-21, 00:12)GregiBoy Wrote: @barry D,

I always use SxxExx instead of SxEx because most series can have more than 10 seasons/episodes but less than 100 and just naming them with just 1 digit can cause sorting problems in other environments than XBMC

@GregiBoy,

I am not familiar with all other environments so I'll take your word that using single digits may cause a problem somewhere. It certainly doesn't in Windows as almost all of my series episodes run into double digits and they are sorted perfectly. That really wasn't the point of the post but as you correctly point out there are several ways to skin this cat.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
i want to setup my episodes and seasons for xbmc0