Always use HDMI as audio output device
Everytime I boot my computer XBMC forgets the audio output it was configured to use. Maybe it has something to do with HDMI devices being not plugged in when no device is connected or the connected device (my AVR) is powered off. Then XBMC will set the audio output to error - device not found.

I always want XBMC to set HDMI as audio output device.

Is it possible to specify that, maybe in a settings file which is read on startup, like advancedsettings.xml?

This would really be a killer feature if it would work.

br
XBMC will always remember the last configured device, however when XBMC starts it checks for valid audio devices, so if the AVR is off or the HDMI lead is not plugged in then Windows will report this to XBMC hence the "error - device not found", therefore the AVR must always be on & connected before XBMC is started.

There are improvements to the audio system currently under development that should fix this for the next release of XBMC.
i can't stress how much i await this future development! thanks for your support and please keep it on top of the to do list. would make it much more usable in an environment where xbmc is running on a machine without a screen.
(2013-08-15, 14:25)jjd-uk Wrote: XBMC will always remember the last configured device, however when XBMC starts it checks for valid audio devices, so if the AVR is off or the HDMI lead is not plugged in then Windows will report this to XBMC hence the "error - device not found", therefore the AVR must always be on & connected before XBMC is started.

There are improvements to the audio system currently under development that should fix this for the next release of XBMC.

You might also investigate the settings on your AVR. Like an HDMI Passthru. I forget the exact name my Onkyo 509 uses, but it basically keeps the HDMI ports "live", even when the AVR is powered off. This way, my XBMC always sees that the AVR is there, and this avoids the sort of problem described above.

Yes, the AVR uses slightly more electricity that way, but it's not a huge amount.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Always use HDMI as audio output device0