Midnight MX 2 question.
Guys im really sorry as I know there are tons of threads on "what box to buy" etc.
Im in the market for one, Ive noticed alot of the threads are people looking for one to stream there favourite sports game, movie etc etc from the internet.
Im not really looking for this.

Im looking for one to stream my movies from my main HTPC over UPNP, I'll most likely connect it via ethernet. Problem is, alot of them are 1080P files. Would the Midnight MX2 be able to handle this?

Looking at this one. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/G-BOX-MIDNIGHT...1137116298

Any input would be great, particularly with folk who own them.
Thanks all.
In theory it should be able to.

I've had 2 of these and neither one could play anything without stuttering. There is a Linux firmware being worked on which gave me some hope, but it still wouldn't play anything well.
I ended up giving it away.

In my opinion I would never recommend one
Intel I3-4130 | Asus H81T/CSM | 8GB DDR3 | 120GB Crucial M4| KODI 14.1
SilverStone Milo ML06
Interesting. Thanks for the input. what are you using now?
Mine works pretty well... I even posted a video to show my experience
That's the thing. Some users seem to think they are great, whereas others are saying they are rubbish. Mixed reviews.
Just get the Pivos XIOS if your at all worried that is the original box and one with actual XBMC devs behind it plus the most stable. A lot of the other boxes are just taking Pivos work and hope it runs on theirs.

Get XIOS here and Pivos forums have Android builds or XBMC/Linux builds, you will need a micro SD card too.
too late, just bought the Gbox MX2. Hope it runs ok Smile
If I'd seen your post before buying it though Starstream, I may have opted for that.
(2013-08-18, 01:37)jjmucker Wrote: too late, just bought the Gbox MX2. Hope it runs ok Smile
If I'd seen your post before buying it though Starstream, I may have opted for that.

I'm on the market for one too. How has it performed?
Amazingly so far buddy. Just got it today but so far impressed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Midnight MX 2 question.0