Music Video nfo creator and audio scraper
I'm not looking for an Add-on like Yahoo, Last.fm TheAudioDB.com.

I'm looking for an external program to create and modify NFO's such as one of the following, but one that does more.

By more I mean scrapes the audio like Ember, creates and moves like named files into their own folder, reads the runtime and genre metadata from the file.

Ember moves all like named files into their own folder. You can manually right click to scrape the audio but it replaces the title, artist and album tags with the single title tag.

XBMC Music Video Nfo Creator comes close, but it copies rather then moves like named files into their own folder It also doesn't scrape the audio or read the genre. You have to tell the program the genre to write to the nfo.

NFO creator for Music Videos only creates an nfo with zero file scraping or moving.

Neither of the latter two save any configuration settings either.

Here's an example nfo:

Code:
<musicvideo>
    <title>Nothing Else Matters</title>
    <artist>Metallica</artist>
    <album>Metallica</album>
    <genre>Rock</genre>
    <runtime>6:26</runtime>
    <plot>The music video premiered on MTV on February 26, 1992. It was directed by Adam Dubin, it consists of parts of the A year and a half... video tape which was shot during the recordings of Metallica. One of them shows Hetfield playing the 12 string during one of the choruses. MTV will not air the video during daytime hours anymore because it features nudity in the form of pin-up posters and Playboy centerfords that are taped up in the studio. It also has a picture of Kip Winger which Lars Ulrich is seen throwing darts at.</plot>
    <year>1992</year>
    <director>Adam Dubin</director>
    <studio></studio>
      <fileinfo>
    <streamdetails>
      <audio>
        <channels>2</channels>
        <codec>aac</codec>
        <bitrate>128</bitrate>
      </audio>
      <video>
        <aspect>1.778</aspect>
        <codec>avc1</codec>
        <durationinseconds>386</durationinseconds>
        <height>252</height>
        <scantype>Progressive</scantype>
        <width>448</width>
        <bitrate>303</bitrate>
        <multiView_Count />
        <encodedSettings>cabac=0 / ref=3 / deblock=1:2:2 / analyse=0x1:0x131 / me=umh / subme=9 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.0:0.0 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=0 / 8x8dct=0 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=3 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / mbaff=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=2 / b_pyramid=0 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / wpredb=1 / keyint=600 / keyint_min=60 / scenecut=40 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=303 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / vbv_maxrate=10000 / vbv_bufsize=10000 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00</encodedSettings>
      </video>
    </streamdetails>
  </fileinfo>
</musicvideo>
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
if you find one id love to hear about it cause ive done all mine manually....over the course of a year initially and now i do them manually as i add them.
creating MP3 tagging, nfos, artwork, thumbs, organizing them all into folders was a lot of fun.
the whole while i kept telling myself "well you only need to do it once".
ideally a web interface that interacts directly with the database files is what id love to see but an external program would also be a very welcome alternative.
sadly i have never found one tho there was a few pics posted here of something for music that looked pretty much like ember a few months back tho i dont know if there was any progress on it or if its just vaporware.
here the post.
Thanks for replying Vampirebat. Sad that of the only 3 content types XBMC allows you to set a source as, Music Videos is one of them, but not much available in an external media manager scraper for MV's.

Very cool that you spotted the upcoming music media manager! Thanks for sharing the link!
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
I know this threads old but I felt I should share anyhow.

I came across this thread whilst searching for a solution. I've had a horrible time trying to get my MV's kodi ready.

If anyone is interested I have created an application for creating NFO's specifically for music videos for kodi. It's not an end all solution, I organise my MV's using musicbrainz the way I want them, then use my program to create the NFO for each MV.

It searches through the specified directory for .MP4's, returns them to a listbox and it goes from there. I use taglib to get info but it does not write to tags. It can only create and edit NFO's. This is an ongoing project for me so I hope to make it a lot better, I'm looking into scraping.

What it does that I couldn't get others to do is batch create NFO's and save them in their respective directories. I'm very new to programming and most of what I used is cut, paste and modify. It's written in vb using visual studio express 2013.

I would be happy to share. Warning: very rough code, use at your own risk. It will overwrite existing NFO's, potential to destroy MV library. test it first. (I lost a MV whist working on it, like I said. Rough)

Get in touch if interested.
Wow, just wow. So for your first post you...

1. Necro a thread from 2 years ago.

2. Try to pimp your crappy software that ("Warning: very rough code, use at your own risk. It will overwrite existing NFO's, potential to destroy MV library.")

3. Didn't start a new thread, with maybe some screenshots of what your software does, where it's scraping the info from, etc.

4. Don't even link the software to try, instead people need to "Get in touch".

This is making me laugh so hard now, If I was drinking water, it would come out my nose.
(2015-03-27, 00:53)Powerhouse Wrote: Wow, just wow. So for your first post you...

1. Necro a thread from 2 years ago.

2. Try to pimp your crappy software that ("Warning: very rough code, use at your own risk. It will overwrite existing NFO's, potential to destroy MV library.")

3. Didn't start a new thread, with maybe some screenshots of what your software does, where it's scraping the info from, etc.

4. Don't even link the software to try, instead people need to "Get in touch".

This is making me laugh so hard now, If I was drinking water, it would come out my nose.

A bit harsh mate...This is what you choose to read into it. . I read it as is without trying to put a slant on it. .. let me reword how you could have responded. .

"Hi , this thread is a bit old. Probably best opening up a new thread and why don't you put some more information on there, screenshot e t c , and see what folks think. "
Cheers for the reply. Yes first post. New to it all. Love kodi and didn't expect a response like that from the community... I'll leave it for now. Cheers again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Video nfo creator and audio scraper0