• 5(current)
XBMC app for/by Ouya released
HDMI passthrough being absent is not a bug, it is an absent feature on Android.
Only with detailed specs of the SOC (in this case Nvidia tegra3) could you find the magic call to enable it.
(2013-08-26, 14:17)Koying Wrote: HDMI passthrough being absent is not a bug, it is an absent feature on Android.
Only with detailed specs of the SOC (in this case Nvidia tegra3) could you find the magic call to enable it.

I see, well in that case do i have any other option to enable 5.1 surround sound on my OUYA box with my Yamaha AVR?
(2013-08-26, 14:17)Koying Wrote: HDMI passthrough being absent is not a bug, it is an absent feature on Android.

In regards to my success with with passthrough audio.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1457660
I have yet to be able to play anything from my xbmc library on my Ouya using the XBMC on OUYA build (both the first release from last week, and then what I grabbed through an update this morning).
I use a MySQL database and SMB share. I use wifi on the Ouya.
All of my files play fine through XBMC on my 2 Pivos Xios boxes with Linux, my AppleTV with XBMC, and XBMC on any of my PCs and Macs and Ubuntu boxes.
All of my movies and shows either just show the "working" spinner for 20+ seconds then return to the library list, or show the "working" spinner and then show a message saying that one or more items failed to play.
I tried a handful of movies and shows (both HD and SD) this morning (all of which failed) and captured the debug logs.
Here's the log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=50388

Let me know if there is any other info that I can capture to help out.
I'm afraid don't know much about ¥bmc but the log seems to have timeouts. I wonder is there a matching error message on the smb server log? Also I wonder if vlc is installed on the ouya can it play the videos?
I gave up on wifi, it was just too slow and painful. Took ages to load anything. Going to ethernet solved all problems for me (apart from posters missing and audio issue Big Grin)
OUYA really seem to be getting worse where LAN and WIFI are concerned. Every subsequent f/w release seems to make matters worse. New out of the box it was actually very good and I could watch 1080p over LAN and WIFI no problem. Now I'm struggling with XVID.
12.3.1 has been approved and published. It should really be rolling out, now.
Confirmed (twice) - new version compiled Aug 25th.
Hey guys, one quick question:
I'm not using any special audio receiver, only the speakers on my TV.
Some of my files have DTS or even HD-DTS audio.

Before I buy an Ouya, will I have no sound when playing these files?
I ask this, because I keep reading about problems with DTS passthrough on the Ouya.

Thanks in advance!
DTS passthrough means player would pass DTS audio track untouched to DTS decoding capable reciever. If you don't use reciever just direct plug to TV , you need not worry about the issue at all. Let XBMC decoded Audio Track for you.
Thanks a lot!
(2013-08-26, 18:03)nospamjl Wrote: I'm afraid don't know much about ¥bmc but the log seems to have timeouts. I wonder is there a matching error message on the smb server log? Also I wonder if vlc is installed on the ouya can it play the videos?
When I get home tonight I'll grab today's update and check my smb logs. I'll also give vlc a go.
The xbmc ouya wiki says only 4 problems... They need to add this one :

OUYA's underlaying OS, Android, is limited to video output at 60Hz. "Those with media that plays back at 24Hz see stutter every few seconds ..."

:'(
(2013-08-26, 23:46)djbase666 Wrote: The xbmc ouya wiki says only 4 problems... They need to add this one :

OUYA's underlaying OS, Android, is limited to video output at 60Hz. "Those with media that plays back at 24Hz see stutter every few seconds ..."

:'(

Such a statement is false. Other Android firmware can run at video outputs other than 60Hz. The issue is an OUYA issue, not an Android issue.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC app for/by Ouya released4