USB audio is still not supported on Raspberry Pi?
In wiki FAQ of Rpi: USB audio is currently not supported.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Raspberry_Pi/FAQ

so, which version of XBMC will support usb audio on RPi?

i tried other distribution, such as Raspbian,Pidora and so on, and my usb sound card works, and my card is SOUND BLASTER DIGITAL MUSIC PREMIUM HD.

i installed OpenELEC 3.1.6, but got "command not found" after running "aplay -l", is any one tall me how to found my sound card list?
XBMC for RPi dont use ALSA so alsa is not installed and you cant use any USB soundcard. even if ALSA is installed you cant use this card together with XBMC.
greetings, Stephan

(2013-08-25, 18:28)sraue Wrote: XBMC for RPi dont use ALSA so alsa is not installed and you cant use any USB soundcard. even if ALSA is installed you cant use this card together with XBMC.

That means AudioEngine not support USB soundcard? I'm a programmer of C++&Python&C#, so if I want to make this works, where I begin? I have no much experience of driver programming on Linux.

THX!
Raspbmc includes an experimental audio engine.
It has not been worked on that much lately and I believe you need an older build to make it work.
I am not certain about the status today since I don´t use it myself, but it seems that many have a functional setup with Raspbmc and pulse audio.
I am sure that if you want to contribute you will be very welcome.

You can always ask in the Raspbmc forum, there is a specific thread for development.
(2013-08-25, 19:07)miappa Wrote: Raspbmc includes an experimental audio engine.
It has not been worked on that much lately and I believe you need an older build to make it work.
I am not certain about the status today since I don´t use it myself, but it seems that many have a functional setup with Raspbmc and pulse audio.
I am sure that if you want to contribute you will be very welcome.

You can always ask in the Raspbmc forum, there is a specific thread for development.

Thank you! I'll check it.
I wish I could spend more time on some open source projects but I have no much more whole block time to coding, so I just try translating on transifex.com
USB audio is a waste of time:
* Not supported by XBMC and all the Raspbmc hacks are BS as the audio can't stay sync.
* It looks like the current USB driver is problomatic and data is lost thus audio is stuttering (also my dvb-t dongle doesn't work well).

The real question is whether XBMC (and OpenELEC) will support I2S audio and what daughterboards to get.
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewto...=44&t=8496
keelung.yang, if you are C++ developer and have some time to spend, that is all you need.
problem: XBMC on RPi uses OpenMax ( or shortly OMX ), not AudioEngine. Broadcom implementation of OpenMax does not provide ALSA sink.
resolution 1: if you wish, you can implement this sink component. it is not so difficult. you can use Bellagio OMX implementation as template, but you can't use mix of Bellagio with Broadcom implementations.
resolution 2: you can write OMX sink component, that will output to AudioEngine. this way you will use entire internal audio subsystem and will help made RPi version more inline with other linux distributions. i hope RPi will have enough power to handle AudioEngine. last must be proved.

so, it is possible, still waiting for someone to code it.

before time i started with approach 1, do a research, even started some coding, but ended without any more time for it. now with presence of ActiveAE, approach 2 looks as good idea too.
(2013-08-28, 18:20)stupid-boy Wrote: keelung.yang, if you are C++ developer and have some time to spend, that is all you need.
problem: XBMC on RPi uses OpenMax ( or shortly OMX ), not AudioEngine. Broadcom implementation of OpenMax does not provide ALSA sink.
resolution 1: if you wish, you can implement this sink component. it is not so difficult. you can use Bellagio OMX implementation as template, but you can't use mix of Bellagio with Broadcom implementations.
resolution 2: you can write OMX sink component, that will output to AudioEngine. this way you will use entire internal audio subsystem and will help made RPi version more inline with other linux distributions. i hope RPi will have enough power to handle AudioEngine. last must be proved.

so, it is possible, still waiting for someone to code it.

before time i started with approach 1, do a research, even started some coding, but ended without any more time for it. now with presence of ActiveAE, approach 2 looks as good idea too.
Ok! I've about 10~20 hours per week, and I'm checking documents of OMX and other something to start.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
USB audio is still not supported on Raspberry Pi?0