Collaborative Repository Update (Files)
Dear Team-XBMC, coders, developers,

I have a request or maybe I just need a good answer or to be pointed in the right direction.

XBMC checks the checksum file on the server to know when it's ready to update a plugin/script from a repository. Is there a way of handling individual file changes for purposes of development, when a addon has a lot of library files. Is this something that XBMC can handle, or is some kind of build script needed. Git would do this but there does't seem to be a way for xbmc to run the addon from where the code is checked out.

The idea is to publish beta plugins in a 'developer mode', so that user can get the update instantly instead of waiting for someone to prepare the repo.

At the moment we are copying files and there is a risk of missing something.

It's quite a bit different when more than one coder is working on a plugin, while the checksum version method is great for deployment, it doesn't work well for collaborative development. We would like a 'development' mode where we could just let git do the code management directly.
// GitHub // Repository

// USTV VoD (Video-on-Demand) / World News Live / MRT Play
This is something XBMC (or the XBMC Add-on manager) should not handle - its the job of any VCS (Version Control System) like git, svn, ...

Just clone/checkout/whatever the source into XBMCs add-on folder and you are ready to develop and be in sync while doing that.
My GitHub. My Add-ons:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Collaborative Repository Update (Files)0