Win Possible to run xbmc on only one screen?
Possible to run xbmc on only one screen?

So im planning on purchasing a htpc as soon as the new i3's come out.

But would it be possible to do this instead?

I have a computer with a i7, 8gb ram & gtx 570 right next to my tv, is it possible to hook my tv to the computer and run xbmc on the tv while using my monitor to browse to web, youtube, game etc?

If so what needs to be done? Id prolly get a new GPU if so because the gtx 570 runs very hot when using two monitors, would it be best to go with amd or nvidia if it comes down to it?
Should be able to set it up as an extended desktop instead of mirrored. With extended it is like one big desktop with half showing on each screen. Then you just move XBMC so it is on the half you want
(2013-08-30, 13:50)azrael17 Wrote: Should be able to set it up as an extended desktop instead of mirrored. With extended it is like one big desktop with half showing on each screen. Then you just move XBMC so it is on the half you want

So just extend desktop to the TV? So if i change hdmi input on the tv say to a tivo box no longer using the xbmc, will my computer automoatticall unextend back to one monitor? or would it still be reading as two?

And would i run into sound issues, like using pc onboard for my 2.1 pc speakers, then hdmi from GPU to reciever for xbmc?
There is an option to have XBMC open up on a 2nd display after you extend the desktop you would also set audio passthrough to WASAPI - HDMI

Bill

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possible to run xbmc on only one screen?0