Solved Raspbmc with HTPC.io
Hi guys, been lurking for a while, now I actually have a question, I've got a few remotes set up etc,but I'm having issues with HTPC.IO, for some reason it won't connect to Raspbmc.

Looking in Python.exe it loops Unable to fetch currently playing information!

My settings in General look right.

IP Address: 192.168.0.13
Port: 80
Web Dir:/
Username & Password (although not required by the Pi) is the default Pi and Raspberry
Then under XBMC it is ticked and shows on the menu. But when going to that menu option, it brings up a tooltip with "Error connecting to XBMC"

I should probably add I have this installed within WAMP on a laptop, which has no issues connecting to the Pis Web interface. and I've had Maraschino set up and working just fine in the past with the same set up.

Anyone have any experience with setting this up and mind pointing me in the right direction?

Other possibly useful info: Python ver is 2.7.2

Thanks. Will show my set up once I have this sorted. It's rather standard, but I've gone all Lifehacker with pieces of Velcro etc and a rather unique case. Cool
The username and password are the username and password set in the XBMC remote settings, NOT the ssh password of the pi.
(2013-09-10, 02:23)Kibje Wrote: The username and password are the username and password set in the XBMC remote settings, NOT the ssh password of the pi.

Hi Kibje, thanks for the reply, I've made some progress with it, turns out I was editting XBMC and not XBMC Server. Wasn't entirely obvious which one was which.

Under General, I put the IP address and the port in, the Username/Password here didn't matter, clicked Save.

Went to XBMC, Clicked Enable and gave it a name.

Then to XBMC Server and entered a name, the IP address and port the same as General, and left Username and Password blank. Then saved.

It said Save Failed, however I spammed it 3 times, and ended up with 3 servers added, so although it says failed, it actually succeeded, clicked Test, all good.

Now to install PIL and all will be well...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspbmc with HTPC.io0