need help with a mediaplayer
first of all, a good day to you.

i recently bought a "mediaplayer" (dutch brand called dutchtronics) wich allows you to take over your PC and would have a function for streaming movies and music. just like a normal mediaplayer. problem is, there isn't a function for the streaming of movies and music, just the option to take over the pc.

I was hoping you guys could help me with providing me with the correct software and rooting program.

i don;t know what software is installed on the mediaplayer

this is my first post and i'm new to this so please have some patients with me if i don't understand immediately.

thank you!

greetings, William
you are completely lost. this is the XBMC forums, not some forum for some random dutch mediaplayer. contact your vendor.
my means are to root the player and put xbmc on it. that's why i'm here and not at the vendor.
so you bought some randombox; you don't know the hw running nor the sw running. try helping yourself based on the info you have given..................

in any case, you should have started the other way around. know your hw, know your sw, check if you can run xbmc on it. then buy. you are SOL.
xbmc does NOT run on random media player devices. in fact, it runs on very few of them, only 2-3 platforms (rpi, pivos, atv) + some of the other crap out there based on droid.
If you can return it and get your money back, do so and then come back and look at some of the threads here about various Android and x86 hardware. If it doesn't explicitly say or comes with XBMC you're 99% out of luck and even if it does you might still be out of luck in the case of random Chinese/whatever mediaplayers that use XBMC for a marketing buzzword.
William, you talk about a Dutchtronics PcOnTv? Yes? Put it in the prullenbak and get something that is worth putting time in.
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
need help with a mediaplayer0