[Request] Sudoku-Script
(asteron @ jan. 24 2006,17:57 Wrote:anyway i will try to get a first version out sometime this week.  this thing though really needs a good skin...

-ast
let me know and i'll give it a go... have been working with scripts to simplify skins as of late but wouldnt mind trying from the ground up Wink
hi asteron!

you are right.
i tried to work around the pair thing by always keep one of the four digits in a pair group. triplets i did not think about.
need to look into this again. it should be possible to use my shortcut approach if only programmed right.

mrz
@ mrz

i tried your script yesterday evening. it works fine, but i´ve got some feature suggestions: Smile

1. please change the button-setting. i was listening to music and wanted to play sudoku. but everytime i press "x" the fullscreen-vis showed up. i had to stop music while playing sudoku. it was veeeery silent im my living room Wink

2. how about 10 "savegames", not only 1. so my wife can play her sudoku and i can play mine ...

3. can´t remember now (i´m @ work). is there a hint button? it should show one number you can set.
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
hi solo!

i'm using the dvd-remote and was not aware about the x-button problem. this will be fixed.
i will also look into the problem asteron described. multisave as well as download from sudoku.com is in plan for the next release.
the number hint is always dsplayed below the grid this needs an on/off function.

finally i was thinking about a peer to peer function allowing competition over internet. you would then see the other players progress which then adds an element of stress.

thanks for the feedback

mrz
this is a nice script.

a couple very minor suggestions.

1. copy folder.jpg to sudoku.tbn
2. on higher resolutions this works better as a dialog. not sure what it looks like in pal. or #3
3. use the setcoordinateresolution().

edit: #3 i had the wrong script open.

For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
hi all
i thought people might be interested in this wip now i have the core functionality is down. this takes a very different approach from mrz's script. features

1. logic based hints immediately derivable from the current board (hit b)
2. generate sudokus of 9 types of symmetry (i think i know a way to speed this up)
3. grab sudokus from the internet (i got permission from websudoku.com and menneske.no)

http://rapidshare.de/files/12544618/sudo...e.zip.html

the interface needs a lot more work and i plan on putting information on the right side (timer,remaining,symmetry,extra constraints, id, source). the core interface is there though (except marking candidates somehow) but there are so many options still needed.

i am really putting this out there to see if anyone wants to lend a hand in skinning it or has interface advice.

-ast

(mrz @ jan. 30 2006,15:08 Wrote:i have published a sudoku script for xbmc.

enjoy,

matz
this script seems to have been pulled. any idea why?

thanks.
that means it is being updated. the site doesnt keep scripts up after an update request for some silly reason.
:bump:

any updates?

i´m not a graphical artist, so i can´t help with graphics ...
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Request] Sudoku-Script0