3D tagging in Gotham Alpha 7...
The problem that I and others had was that movies were not triggering stereoscopic mode. I don't think the op meant how the art was displaying. The post I made helped people properly name their files so that xbmc would go into 3d mode. Its just a bonus that it makes cases display correctly in a couple skins.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
(2014-03-09, 21:23)Kib Wrote: People are mistaking two things for the same here.

1) there are tags that influence how Xbmc plays video. These tags are XBMC version dependant.
2) there are tags that influence how skins display video files. These tags are skin dependant.
That's what I was trying to say in post 13, but you said it better!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
tags and flags not tags and tags.

flags are what's in filename 3D BD HDDVD DVD TV etc
So if 3d is the flag, would hsbs, htab, etc be the tags or just more flags? Just trying to make sure I have the nomenclature right before I help more people. It just so happens that using the proper flag also is recognized in the skins I've tried that use box art. I hope that my post helped people. A mod added info to the wiki which helps too.

My post is at http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=188505
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
I think Uni is just trying to be funny.

Flag, tag, whatever.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Trying being the operative word.

The information that is currently in 3D#3D_detection (wiki) seems to be complete so I would just refer people there.

In case anything is missing feel free to add to it or notify a mod to do it for you.
Looks like it's got all the info now. Good job!
Im not trying to be anything nickr nor being funny.

flags to me are. what you put in a file name like 3d or bd in a skin that supports it brings a 3d cover or a bluray graphics.

a tag is something else entirely as I understand tags.

Tags Video_library_tags (wiki)

Flags Media_flags (wiki) which is what the dammed things you type in video filenames £D BD SBS etc ---->> are media flags.

tags are one thing flags another, and if thats wrong then the wiki is whole wrong.

For the sake of consistency and sanity you shouldn't call a spoon a fork if thats what the wiki already calls these things and 3d terminology shouldnt differ from whats already been established.
(2014-03-10, 09:04)Kib Wrote: Trying being the operative word.

The information that is currently in 3D#3D_detection (wiki) seems to be complete so I would just refer people there.

In case anything is missing feel free to add to it or notify a mod to do it for you.

Thanks for this. I've seen a lot of conflicting posts about whether or not xbmc can read mkv headers. Good to know that I didn't waste my time getting them all set properly. At least as far as StereoMode is concerned.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Yeah no need to worry about headers. That's the beauty of the flags (did I get it right?). Adding 3D triggers stereoscopic mode in xbmc and then hsbs or htab or whatever for your 3d file's format.
(2014-03-11, 00:33)patseguin Wrote: Yeah no need to worry about headers. That's the beauty of the flags (did I get it right?). Adding 3D triggers stereoscopic mode in xbmc and then hsbs or htab or whatever for your 3d file's format.

Actually I like to try and be sure all my headers are set correctly. But that's mostly just personal preference. (OCDBig Grin)
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2014-03-11, 01:20)wgstarks Wrote:
(2014-03-11, 00:33)patseguin Wrote: Yeah no need to worry about headers. That's the beauty of the flags (did I get it right?). Adding 3D triggers stereoscopic mode in xbmc and then hsbs or htab or whatever for your 3d file's format.

Actually I like to try and be sure all my headers are set correctly. But that's mostly just personal preference. (OCDBig Grin)

Hehe fair enough. It seems like it would be tedious to edit the headers in all my MKV's though. DVDFab is the only software I know of that rips 3D movies and as far as I could see looking at one of the headers, it has all the right info.

Since I have everything working, I'm not screwing around anymore but I'm curious if .3d is enough to properly trigger and display stereoscopic 3D movies without adding .hsbs, .sbs, or whatever. I would hope that adding .3d would be enough and it would just automatically display SBS or TAB based on the rip.
(2014-03-12, 00:49)patseguin Wrote:
(2014-03-11, 01:20)wgstarks Wrote:

Hehe fair enough. It seems like it would be tedious to edit the headers in all my MKV's though. DVDFab is the only software I know of that rips 3D movies and as far as I could see looking at one of the headers, it has all the right info.

Since I have everything working, I'm not screwing around anymore but I'm curious if .3d is enough to properly trigger and display stereoscopic 3D movies without adding .hsbs, .sbs, or whatever. I would hope that adding .3d would be enough and it would just automatically display SBS or TAB based on the rip.

There are scripts that can be used with Toolnix to do batch entries of headers. I'm sure if you go looking you shouldn't have trouble finding them. The .3D.sbs or .3D.tab would be the minimum file name flags I would use if you're going to use the file name flags. If you decide to use headers you'll need to set StereoMode manually. DVDFab doesn't set it. Better info on 3D detection in the wiki.

I haven't had a chance to do a lot of testing, but I've noticed that with the file scanning for detecting playback mode there is a rather long "Working" time. Something in the neighborhood of 2 minutes. I find the wait rather annoying and if you set header or sbs/tab flag then the file scanning is avoided.

You might want to take one or two videos and play around with them a bit to see what works best for you.
How do you name the folder if it's a 3d bluray folder rip.
I.e. Titanic (3D) ?
I was using nameofmovie (year) bluray 3D for bdmv. Titanic (1997) bluray 3D. Worked ok for the movie itself, never could get local trailers to work though. Also experienced a very long "Working" delay while the file loaded (2 to 3 minutes). This may be common for all bdmv files in xbmc. I don't normally use them. Was just exploring other options to mkv.

Edit: after recent changes you'll probably need to use Titanic (1997) 3d sbs or tab whichever applies.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D tagging in Gotham Alpha 7...0