NOOB New Build, have some questions
A little help please;

I recently built an OpenELEC Build #6 based on Eskro's recommendations. The items that were a bit different than his build, are I doubled the RAM and used an Intel 60GB SSD drive instead of the recommended ADATA SSD drive (I had one sitting around, so saved some money).

I downloaded and installed the latest version of OpenELEC for this build as suggested (OpenELEC Stable - ION x86_64 Version:3.2.0). It installed without any problems. I used a standard monitor/keyboard/mouse to do the installation.

Ok, now on to my questions.

1. I bought a bluetooth FAVI mini keyboard/remote for the unit. I have tried to get it to sync and use it, but it continuously asks for a password every time I boot up. It doesn't matter if I input a password or not, this unit won't work. Any suggestions?

2. When I hook the unit up to my Samsung TV, shouldn't I be able to use the TV remote control on the device? My Raspberry Pi running OpenELEC allows me to do that, by being hooked up by the HDMI cable. Is there a setting that I might have missed?

3. When I hook the unit up to my Samsung TV via HDMI, shouldn't I have sound? Or do I have to use the audio outputs to get sound? Because currently I don't have sound throught the HDMI cable (and I've tested more than one to make sure that wasn't the problem). I've also set the audio to use the HDMI. Is there another setting I might have missed?

I have other questions, but I'll limit this post to 3 max. Otherwise I might not get answers to all of my questions.

Thanks for any and all help.
Well, it looks like no one knows any of the answers to my questions, or the people that do are on the other side of the planet and asleep still.

In case what I was able to find out might help others, or help get the help I still need........I searched and searched in regards to my questions, and came up with partial solutions/information;

2. Might need a CEC adapter? Not sure if this is true, as some posts say you can remap keys on your remote....but they don't say if you have to have the CEC adapter before being able to do that. But there is a CEC adapter available from Pulse-Eight that should work with my hardware. Can anyone confirm if this is correct?

3. The audio settings were a bit off in the following location: System > Settings > System > Audio Output Device. It was pointing to a device that doesn't have an output (HDMI 2 instead of HDMI 1). So I now have audio.

Still I have no answers for question 1. I have searched and tried and tried and searched. No luck.
(2013-09-17, 04:07)tstorzuk Wrote: Well, it looks like no one knows any of the answers to my questions, or the people that do are on the other side of the planet and asleep still.

In case what I was able to find out might help others, or help get the help I still need........I searched and searched in regards to my questions, and came up with partial solutions/information;

2. Might need a CEC adapter? Not sure if this is true, as some posts say you can remap keys on your remote....but they don't say if you have to have the CEC adapter before being able to do that. But there is a CEC adapter available from Pulse-Eight that should work with my hardware. Can anyone confirm if this is correct?

3. The audio settings were a bit off in the following location: System > Settings > System > Audio Output Device. It was pointing to a device that doesn't have an output (HDMI 2 instead of HDMI 1). So I now have audio.

Still I have no answers for question 1. I have searched and tried and tried and searched. No luck.

Here´s a thread about bluetooth
2. Yes you'll need a adapter. Make sure your tv supports it, with samsungs its called anynet+ and it works well with my samsung tv.
Christer K,

Thanks, I had just come across that information just as you had posted it. I have no idea how to follow the steps 1 through 6. They could be Greek for all the good they do for me. I'll just end up getting a RF mini keyboard instead. There's no way I can even get past step 1.....so no use in trying anymore. Whew, that's a load off my mind. At least now I'll be able to sleep tonight without this nagging at my brain!!! YAY!!!

Teeedubb,

Thanks for that information. I'll also get an adapter. I plan to have one HTPC in my living room hooked up to my projector and one where my TV is. So I'll need both types of remotes/mini keyboards. I'll take a look at the anynet+ as you have suggested.

Well, that's enough for tonight. I have to wake up early tomorrow for work.

Thanks again for your help with this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NOOB New Build, have some questions0