Android Samsung Galaxy S4 mirroring on XBMC
I have a windows HTPC with XBMC I was wondering if it's possible to use the Samsung Screen mirroring with my HTPC?

I tried using the Airplay option I see my HTPC show up on my GS4 when using the doubletwist app on my phone but it screen quickly flashes on my HTPC and doesn't actually play the video. My ipad can airplay to my HTPC with no problem.

I basically want to play videos and photos from my SG4 to my windows HTPC and hopefully do the same with youtub just want to know the easiest way.

Thanks Guys
Forget about Airplay from Android. I think you will have a hard time getting any support with your hardware/software combination considering none of it is Apple.

I use Yatse on my Nexus 7 and I can send videos and music to XBMC via UPnP. It isn't quite as seemless and easy as Airplay, but it works and almost never has any issues with crashing.
(2013-09-18, 17:29)cwide Wrote: Forget about Airplay from Android. I think you will have a hard time getting any support with your hardware/software combination considering none of it is Apple.

I use Yatse on my Nexus 7 and I can send videos and music to XBMC via UPnP. It isn't quite as seemless and easy as Airplay, but it works and almost never has any issues with crashing.

Thanks Cwide, I'll check that out. I downloaded Yatse but I noticed there are a bunch of plugins in the playstore as well ( Yatse stream, notification,queue, call etc) Are any of those needed for what I've described I want to do?
(2013-09-18, 17:55)pranizzle Wrote:
(2013-09-18, 17:29)cwide Wrote: Forget about Airplay from Android. I think you will have a hard time getting any support with your hardware/software combination considering none of it is Apple.

Thanks Cwide, I'll check that out. I downloaded Yatse but I noticed there are a bunch of plugins in the playstore as well ( Yatse stream, notification,queue, call etc) Are any of those needed for what I've described I want to do?

I'm not sure, currently I only have the free app and am able to stream via UPnP. Haven't needed any plugins yet... not sure what they do.
(2013-09-18, 17:58)cwide Wrote:
(2013-09-18, 17:55)pranizzle Wrote:

I'm not sure, currently I only have the free app and am able to stream via UPnP. Haven't needed any plugins yet... not sure what they do.

ok perfect thanks again
Try Skifta
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...p&hl=en_GB
Skifta is a good free UPnP/DLNA controller but it's only intended for use with a UPnP/DLNA server present on the network.

Yatse is able to tie itself into Android web browser so you can push media playing in browser to XBMC which is what the OP is after.
Not sure what I'm missing here - but I don't see how to get music _from_ my phone to play _on_ my XBMC host. Not really clear on how Yatse is making that happen - I don't see any sort of option for "streaming" from local device to target XBMC host.....

Likewise - my local music player sees the XBMC server - but it want's to pull, not push, music.

I have UPnP on - don't see an option in XBMC exclusively for DLNA.

Does this require multicast? I have Verizon FiOS and their POS router does not support it. (I have a new router going in this weekend if I can find a half hour to do the work - I will neuter the FiOS turd to a simple bridge) I am guessing this to be the case as even the aforementioned music player gets a data connection error trying to read the XBMC server....

EDIT -
Nevermind - just found "Samsung AllShare" on my S4 and am now streaming..... Still kind of curious about the Yatse piece, but it's not a huge concern.
(2014-02-01, 23:05)VancoD Wrote: Not sure what I'm missing here - but I don't see how to get music _from_ my phone to play _on_ my XBMC host. Not really clear on how Yatse is making that happen - I don't see any sort of option for "streaming" from local device to target XBMC host.....

Likewise - my local music player sees the XBMC server - but it want's to pull, not push, music.

I have UPnP on - don't see an option in XBMC exclusively for DLNA.

Does this require multicast? I have Verizon FiOS and their POS router does not support it. (I have a new router going in this weekend if I can find a half hour to do the work - I will neuter the FiOS turd to a simple bridge) I am guessing this to be the case as even the aforementioned music player gets a data connection error trying to read the XBMC server....

EDIT -
Nevermind - just found "Samsung AllShare" on my S4 and am now streaming..... Still kind of curious about the Yatse piece, but it's not a huge concern.

Hi, how did you get your S4 to stream to your xbmc/tv? I have nearby devices (dlna) enabled and try to enable allshare but it doesnt find any devices to connect to.

I enabled upnp in xbmc.

I play a video, press the allshare button on the top left and nothing is found...

Thanks!!
(2014-02-10, 05:47)splinter Wrote: Hi, how did you get your S4 to stream to your xbmc/tv? I have nearby devices (dlna) enabled and try to enable allshare but it doesnt find any devices to connect to.

I enabled upnp in xbmc.

I play a video, press the allshare button on the top left and nothing is found...

Thanks!!
Well - I don't download a lot of video, but I can tell you that when streaming on-line content via the Samsung Video Player I simply poke the AllShare icon in the upper left (it's actually the "Screen Mirroring" icon) and it shows me a pop-up of the available devices I have. XBMC is there and I just select it and the display switches to my XBMC instance.

With audio (again using the Samsung "Music" player) I have to do a bit more every time I open the app. I have to use the "menu" and select "Scan for nearby devices" - this then adds an item to the on-screen UI for "Nearby Devices" (a slide to the left on the top menu bar) and I can selected XBMC from nearby devices....

Does the XBMC remote work on your S4?

Honestly - I didn't do anything else. And I don't have screen sharing enabled in the device itself. I basically have everything turned off except for WiFi, Sound, Screen Rotation, and Sync.
You're lucky! When I scan for nearby devices, I get nothing other than My Device, which is my phone. XBMC doesn't show up! uggh!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Samsung Galaxy S4 mirroring on XBMC0