Finally ordered parts to build HTPC
Returned the 2 750gb drives and ended up buying a seagate 3tb for $119
Started build. Check out my build pics.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1491742/finall...cs-9-28-13

*****Added build pics 9/29/13******

Parts came in and I put it together late last night. Took my time as I've never build a pc before. Ended up putting both hdd under the optical drive because of power cord length. Good news is I have room to add another 3.5 hdd in the future! Fired right up. Got windows installed. Runs cool and seems pretty quiet. My old dell laptop is louder. I will update all the drivers, etc tonight and hopefully have WMC ready to go. Anyone know where I can by a filer to but on the right side of the case where the fans are to reduce dust intake?
Nice!
What graphics/display card are you using, I couldn't identify it in your photos?

I went to the PC shop to have a look around but it seems if you use a gaming type display card then you can't fit it in to a slim line case like yours..... .which is what I would also like.

EDIT: I live in China and don't speak the language so communication down at the PC shops is a bit hard.....
So your not using a dedicated graphics card. How does using the CPU as a graphics processor compare to using a separate graphics card? Would there be a noticeable difference if using separate card? Or is that only required for gaming applications?
I'm not using this for gaming so I'm just using the on board integrated graphics. Works great so far for watching and recording live tv and playing videos.
Yeah the more I have read the more I have learned but the more I have read......
I have reduced my initial "vision" of a HTPC and got my feet back on the ground! But just now I read about the Lenovo IdeaCentre Q190 Desktop pc off the shelf and looks so good!

Wow I just don't know which way I should go really but this one looks good and also has a low price........I think it can do everything that I need for now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Finally ordered parts to build HTPC0