iPhone in Dock as a media reciever
Hi All

Sorry if this is a silly question. With the introduction of iPhone 5, I have a rather nice dock with 30 pin connector. The adapters from Apple as gastly, so that is not an option. I already run XBMC on Rasp Pi around the house, using the phone as a remote.

I was wondering whether I could put an old - un-used iPhone 3gs, or 4 in the dock and install XBMC on it. Does it act as a receiver?
E.g. I could use the remote on my phone 5, choose the host (the host being the old iphone sitting in the dock) and stream music to it (and thus through the speaker)

I have my fingers crossed.

Also does XBMC run 'ok' on 3GS?

Thanks
At one point it was possible to install XBMC on a 3GS, but I haven't heard anyone trying it recently. It's scraping the bottom for required specs. In theory that should work, though.
If your just trying to send audio to the speakers their are easier ways of doing so. I had one jailbreak tweak that allowed me to AirPlay from one phone to another. You got me thinking though. I wonder if an iPhone would work well as a set top box with hdmi out. You should jb your 3GS, put xbmc on it and find out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iPhone in Dock as a media reciever0