Smart Playlist for Songs
Good morning all,

I have what I hope is a somewhat easy question. I have searched the usual suspects (google, you tube, forum) and I can't seem to find exactly what I am trying to do. I think I am failing due to ignorance on my part. Essentially I have one large playlist (normal) that is a combination of two somewhat smaller (normal) playlists (my playlist and my wife's). What I am trying to do is create a Smart Playlist that will only play songs from the "uber" playlist that have not been played in the last week. This was my attempt (travel.m3u is the name of the normal 'uber' playlist):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="songs">
<name>test</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="playlist" operator="is">
<value>travel.m3u</value>
</rule>
<rule field="lastplayed" operator="notinthelast">
<value>1 week</value>
</rule>
<order direction="ascending">random</order>
</smartplaylist>

When i execute this, it just hangs (I let it run for almost 30 minutes) and I have to force XBMC to quit.

Any advice is really appreciated.

Thanks!

Stu
This is probably too late to be of use to you, but I just came across your post. I suspect the problem is that you're trying to generate the list using a random order.

If you're drawing from a huge list of tracks (which is what it sounds like based on your description), it will take a long time to generate a random list.

Better to stick with ascending playcount or something along those lines.

See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Sma..._and_Order
Thanks very much for the reply. It's not too late. I had given up on it for a while. I was beginning to think it might be skin related. I will definitely give your advice a shot.

Thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smart Playlist for Songs0