• 39(current)
WIP Discuss improvements for pvr section
Something about the pvr info pop up that shows when start/stop recording

On start
-PVR information recording scheduled " show xxx"

On stop
-PVR information Recording deleted "show xxx"

It doesn´t sound right cause the the recording is not deleted, only stopped recording

Maybe change to
-PVR information stopped recording "show xxx"

Same goes when removing a scheduled timer
This is my video "work in progress", hope All of authors and Kodi staf start thinking like me.....
-Add List group in main window of PVR,,no button to open dialg id=28
-Add group logo
-Add posibiliti to skiner to add in home window epg timeline

I think this is possible to create in near futture , hope that we have all this option ,like in video Smile

XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
I know this is on the "List of PVR features and improvements", but its been on there a while and this really will be a game changer for my GF so it would be good to know if anyone is looking at implementing it:

Quote: use "confirm channel switches with OK" when switching with up/down too, not just when using the "select number" dialog (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1725105)

This is how every standalone box I have ever used works!
I would like to propose several improvements to the 'timer' screen based on my experience with MediaPortal.

1. Show EPG data. It is very common (in my experience) to set a schedule to record every time on a particular channel, and then find there are repeats that you would want to cancel. You need to see the EPG data in the timer screen in order to do this. Hopefully this would be a relatively simple addition.

2. Give the option to not show cancelled schedules in the list, so you only see what will actually record.

3. Give an option to group by programme, so that all scheduled recordings of a particular programme can be grouped together in a folder.
Got a suggestion for the "use channel numbers from backend" from the general tab.

This is pretty great for the All Channel tab, but not so great for my custom channel groups; they often have 10-15 tops mapped to it and I would love to just use a single number to change channels. I don't know if it was done intentionally like this but I find it odd and don't like it per earlier mentioned reasons.
(2015-04-01, 11:16)smiffy1989 Wrote: I know this is on the "List of PVR features and improvements", but its been on there a while and this really will be a game changer for my GF so it would be good to know if anyone is looking at implementing it:

Quote: use "confirm channel switches with OK" when switching with up/down too, not just when using the "select number" dialog (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1725105)

This is how every standalone box I have ever used works!

On my cable box it's done this way and I like it a lot (partially):
Press Select/Enter first, this shows the current playing channel and icon+now/next playing EPG data (like pressing 'i'/info).

Then press channel up/down would only show the next/previous channels logo on screen. --> Here I would also want to see the EPG data.

Press Select/Enter again to actually switch to the other channel.

If this would have any chance of actually making it into Kodi - I think it would be possible to use the info screen (press 'i'/info) while playing live TV and then channel up/down. Only on the currently playing channel the playback buttons are visible.

UPDATE: forget what I said, I discovered that this is already in place! The OSD channel list. I've mapped it to my remotes 'OK' button.
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
the latest crazy seems to be like the picture below, seen afew different companys use it, would anything like this be possible within kodis pvr?
@ksooo have added support for season/episode and subtitle in Tvheadend but Confluence skin has to support it too.
Any chance @negge or @xhaggi can add it ?
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2001170
Is there a way to have the EPG and channels load separately than profiles so that when you load a profile the channels are already loaded.

My gf is constantly frustrated having to wait the 5-10 seconds it takes to load the channels.
Recently switched from DirecTV to a HDHomerun based system with NextPVR / Kodi.

Mostly its working well, but there are some improvements (as compared to the DirecTV receiver), that I think would be nice in Kodi.

1) EPG: selecting a channel you can choose whether you want to switch or set a timer. More intuitive, IMHO, is if you've selected a program that is currently playing then you switch channel, and if you've selected a program in the future, bring up the record screen.

2) Get rid of the record confirmation when you add timer. Cancellation can be done in the next screen.

3) At the end of watching a recording, it would be nice if there was a dialog allowing you to delete the recording.

4) Currently deleting a show is a bit more complicated than it should be (or I'm doing it wrong...). Hit context menu, random item is selected (could be a skin problem), select "Delete", change no to yes, then ok. A shortcut to delete, with the default being selected to "yes" would be better, IMHO.

5) Watching a show that is recording is glitchy when you fast forward / skip to the end. Kodi just stops playing the stream after a few seconds (this may be a buffering issue with the backend not writing to disk?).

6) I really liked the way my DirecTV dvr allowed skipping. Each time you press the button it fast forwards 30 seconds. So for a commercial break, all you have to do is hit the skip button about 4-6 times. If you overshoot, you hit the replay button (skips back 6 seconds). I'm kinda approximated this in kodi by setting the skip steps to +30 seconds and -10 seconds, but kodi ignores button presses while its seeking (so I can't hit the skip forward button twice in quick succession to skip 1 minute. I have to hit the button once, wait for it to seek, then hit the button again).

Other than these relatively minor issues, its working really well and has improved by leaps and bounds since the last time I tried.
(2015-07-08, 04:52)marirs Wrote: 2) Get rid of the record confirmation when you add timer. Cancellation can be done in the next screen.

6) I really liked the way my DirecTV dvr allowed skipping. Each time you press the button it fast forwards 30 seconds. So for a commercial break, all you have to do is hit the skip button about 4-6 times. If you overshoot, you hit the replay button (skips back 6 seconds). I'm kinda approximated this in kodi by setting the skip steps to +30 seconds and -10 seconds, but kodi ignores button presses while its seeking (so I can't hit the skip forward button twice in quick succession to skip 1 minute. I have to hit the button once, wait for it to seek, then hit the button again).

Point 2: Agree. Unecessary step included at the moment.

In additon, I think that the recording process could be streamlined quite a bit. At the moment pressing record in the epg brings up the timer dialog box. I dont think this is necessary. As the user has already setup their default settings, this should automatically be accepted. If there is a need to change these, then a second press of the record button on the timer would then bring up the dialog box. This would make the process simpler:

In summary

- Press Record: Sets timer with defaults settings. No confirmation needed
- Press record (2nd time): Brings up dialog box to make any program specific changes e.g. series record etc.

Coupling the above with point 2 in my other recommendations below would make the whole process seamless in my opinion.

Point 6: This seems to be a basic feature on all PVRs Ive used. At the moment skipping forward in live TV is a slower process than it needs to be. Potentially applying a slight delay to allow Kodi to recognise multiple key presses before it seeks to the required position.

Other Reccomendations

1. Implementing a live timeshift buffer indicator I would think is a basic feature of most PVR's. There has been some good discussion in this thread with great examples. Really a must have. Wink

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=226287

2. EPG: Whilst in the EPG, pressing stop on a existing timer should allow the timer to be cancelled. At the moment, pressing stop, closes live tv and takes you to back to the home screen. This allows you to easily setup & delete multiple timers in the one screen.

3. Being able to open and close the EPG by pressing the guide button a second time as a default. Currently, the end user can adjust the xml file to achieve this

4. EPG: Better visual indicators that a program is being recorded/timer set when viewing EPG. Currently there is a mini white clock in the corner of the tile which is not easy to find when looking at a wall of EPG data. Potentially bringing a better & larger graphic or colouring the tile to a solid colour (e.g. red) though this might conflict with genre colours.

5. When timeshifting in the Live Tv buffer, by pressing stop this could take you back to the Live TV stream. Likewise, if skipping forward to the end of the live tv buffer, once it reaches the end, it takes you back to the live stream.

PVR in Kodi has come quite someway in the last 12 months. Just a few more user friendly features tweaks to go. Thanks to the team as always.
No 3

<TVGuide>
<remote>
<guide>PreviousMenu</guide>
</remote>
</TVGuide>
(2015-07-10, 13:49)Jönke Wrote: No 3

<TVGuide>
<remote>
<guide>PreviousMenu</guide>
</remote>
</TVGuide>

Thanks As I use the keymap.xml, what had worked for me is:

<TVGuide>
<keyboard>
<e>Fullscreen</e>
</keyboard>
</TVGuide>
(2015-07-10, 02:45)Leo2807 Wrote:
(2015-07-08, 04:52)marirs Wrote: 2) Get rid of the record confirmation when you add timer. Cancellation can be done in the next screen.

Point 2: Agree. Unecessary step included at the moment.

In additon, I think that the recording process could be streamlined quite a bit. At the moment pressing record in the epg brings up the timer dialog box. I dont think this is necessary. As the user has already setup their default settings, this should automatically be accepted. If there is a need to change these, then a second press of the record button on the timer would then bring up the dialog box. This would make the process simpler:

In summary

- Press Record: Sets timer with defaults settings. No confirmation needed
- Press record (2nd time): Brings up dialog box to make any program specific changes e.g. series record etc.

Coupling the above with point 2 in my other recommendations below would make the whole process seamless in my opinion.

Point 6: This seems to be a basic feature on all PVRs Ive used. At the moment skipping forward in live TV is a slower process than it needs to be. Potentially applying a slight delay to allow Kodi to recognise multiple key presses before it seeks to the required position.

Other Reccomendations

1. Implementing a live timeshift buffer indicator I would think is a basic feature of most PVR's. There has been some good discussion in this thread with great examples. Really a must have. Wink

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=226287

2. EPG: Whilst in the EPG, pressing stop on a existing timer should allow the timer to be cancelled. At the moment, pressing stop, closes live tv and takes you to back to the home screen. This allows you to easily setup & delete multiple timers in the one screen.

3. Being able to open and close the EPG by pressing the guide button a second time. Not sure if this currently can be done through keymaps, but I havent had any success.

4. EPG: Better visual indicators that a program is being recorded/timer set when viewing EPG. Currently there is a mini white clock in the corner of the tile which is not easy to find when looking at a wall of EPG data. Potentially bringing a better & larger graphic or colouring the tile to a solid colour (e.g. red) though this might conflict with genre colours.

5. When timeshifting in the Live Tv buffer, by pressing stop this could take you back to the Live TV stream. Likewise, if skipping forward to the end of the live tv buffer, once it reaches the end, it takes you back to the live stream.

PVR in Kodi has come quite someway in the last 12 months. Just a few more user friendly features tweaks to go. Thanks to the team as always.

This ^^^, all fundamental functions/operations that should be standard in a PVR in my opinion... Also agree that PVR has come along way. I now use it as my main TV, which was something I didn't feel comfortable doing 12 months ago.

Point 3 has been bugging me for some time, agree the guide window should be closed by pressing the same key, much like the info and context window, will try the keymaping suggestion...
I use this one for exiting guide by pressing it again:

<TVGuide>
<remote>
<guide>FullScreen</guide>
</remote>
</TVGuide>
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Discuss improvements for pvr section1