Existing JPG's not shown anymore by XBMC, only shown if moved to other folder
Hi forum,

seemingly my USB stick that I run a live Linux XBMC from has had a crash of some sort. Since then, no single JPG was shown anymore (no movie artwork, only blank (white) Add-on symbols, no backgrounds etc.).

Strangely however, the JPG files of that live USB installation where are all intact, when looking at them (using Samba) from a remote Windows machine.

Even when I replace the JPG files with their respective originals from a backup, XBMC doesn't show them, not even when freshly selecting one of the restored JPG files, e.g. as menu background.

However, when selecting a copy of the same file (in another folder), the JPG shows perfectly ok, for example as background.

Thus, the JPG files themselves obviously are not the problem since they are perfectly OK. Rather it seems as if XBMC had decided to discard all previously known JPG paths, and to only accept JPG paths that are NEW to it.

Any idea if there is a cache file (or something) that can be deleted in order for XBMC to re-read/re-register all previously known JPG's?

Thanks heaps already
Cheers David.P
Permissions issue possibly?
Quote:Permissions issue possibly

Pardon me? Huh

In the meantime, I found this:

XBMC ThumbnailCache

Can I simply delete the ThumbnailCache folder, and XBMC will re-create the cache?
I meant maybe the reason it can read the existing files may be a permissions issue.

You could just rename the ThumbnailCache folder to ThumbnailCache.old and restart XBMC to see if that fixes it.
OK then, thanks I'll try that.

I just found this

Texture Cache Maintenance utility

Could this do the trick?

Or this:

XBMC HUB MAINTENANCE TOOL?
And one more:

(2012-08-28, 22:57)SpoBo Wrote:
(2011-08-30, 09:18)jhsrennie Wrote: I think you have to delete Textures.db from the database folder, otherwise XBMC thinks it has a cached copy of the graphic. I wouldn't swear to this, but a quick search of the forum suggests this is the case.

JR

I can attest to this. Deleted Thumbnails folder and had all blank images. Removed the Texture*.db files and my images started displaying properly.

Thanks for any hints which solution path I should go for.

Cheers David.P
Regarding the second, read some anecdotes from other members here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=171518
Phew, thanks!
OK, this:

Quote:Removed the Texture*.db files and my images started displaying properly.

seems to have worked. All app icons and movie artwork has been rebuilt and is visible again.

Cheeers David.P

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Existing JPG's not shown anymore by XBMC, only shown if moved to other folder0