• 3(current)
Media Browser - Streaming/Transcoding and managment server for Kodi
Hey shadrach47,
Sorry to hear about that. Would you mind posting that in our community here?

http://mediabrowser3.com/community/index...ns-issues/

Our developer who handles the installer will see that and help get you squared away. thanks.
Great news. Our Roku app has just launched:

http://www.roku.com/channels/#!details/3...ia-browser

The app supports all of the metadata that can be managed using the management interface
Lukemb, is there a MediaBrowser IRC channel? Reason I ask is because I'm updating the metadata we generate in SickBeard for MB.. and I want to make sure we aren't going to break anything Smile
I've seen a bit of conflicting info about multi-ep support/formats and what actually needs to be in the .xml.. also with you guys now supporting plex/xbmc formats (images) are you planning on just using xbmc's nfo as well?
I'd like to talk more about this if you have a free moment.
(2013-12-23, 17:37)thezoggy Wrote: Lukemb, is there a MediaBrowser IRC channel? Reason I ask is because I'm updating the metadata we generate in SickBeard for MB.. and I want to make sure we aren't going to break anything Smile
I've seen a bit of conflicting info about multi-ep support/formats and what actually needs to be in the .xml.. also with you guys now supporting plex/xbmc formats (images) are you planning on just using xbmc's nfo as well?
I'd like to talk more about this if you have a free moment.

Sure, I'll PM you so that we can establish a line of communication.
Happy to announce our XBMB3C add-on is now available in the official Xbmc repo:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=178180&page=4
Happy new year guys. There is a new server release with a redesigned web client particularly with new mobile and tablet layouts. There is also a significant amount of new metadata and parental control fine tuning, with the ability to have different settings for different kinds of media.

Luke, this is a mighty impressive release.

Additions to the transcode options, fine-tuning on library accessibility (including parental controls) and classy general appearance means this is one outstanding release.

After playing with it for a few days, the Mrs and myself are very happy indeed. (One past feature I miss are the 'Next/Previous Ep' buttons when viewing an episode in iPhone view ;-)

Whilst we wait for the iPad release, this is a more-than-workable stop-gap. Heck, it's stand-alone brilliant.

Congrats to yourself and your excellent team on an amazing release (and incredible product in general).

MB3 compliments all our XBMC boxes with aplomb. Kudos.
It is one really nice piece of software. Especialy html5 gui. But does it suppor playback of Archives? (RAR) ?
At this time no. That's new to me. Are we just talking about videos within rar files or can you point me to where i can get some information on this?
2.2.2 Video player
XBMC uses a video-player 'core' for video-playback called "DVDPlayer". This in-house developed cross-platform media player was originally designed to play back DVD-Video movies, and this includes support native for DVD-menus, (based on the free open source libraries code libdvdcss and libdvdnav). DVDPlayer is based on FFmpeg and today supports all widespread mainstream formats. One relatively unusual feature of this DVD-player core is the capability to on-the-fly pause and play DVD-Video movies that are stored in ISO and IMG DVD-images or DVD-Video (IFO/VOB/BUP) images (even directly from uncompressed RAR and ZIP archives), from either local harddrive storage or network-share storage.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Fea...ed_formats

Yes, xbmc can browser a folder with only rar files but still recognize there is a movie inside and play them without uncompressing. I think this has to do with that most Archived movies is just store in rar, the same as a filesplit in general.

That is the most important feature XBMC has for me and a lot of other I would recon. But still since you build a client and server parts with transcoding this would seem like a logical step for future feature. It's not a must but it would be nice, your new mediabrowser is still the best webbased solution to media I have seen to date. HTML5 really makes things interactive and easy to use.

WELL DONE!
Thanks for the kind words. We have a very strong team and I expect many more great things to come.
I love this however i dont know whether its me but i am struggling with adding season fanart/backdrops. It always comes up blank when i try to add any images. Is this because the fanart isnt specifically season linked on the TVDB or fanart tv?
If not am i missing something in the settings? I can see all the fanart on a series just not on a specific season
(2014-01-04, 20:58)Chuck Bartowski Wrote: I love this however i dont know whether its me but i am struggling with adding season fanart/backdrops. It always comes up blank when i try to add any images. Is this because the fanart isnt specifically season linked on the TVDB or fanart tv?
If not am i missing something in the settings? I can see all the fanart on a series just not on a specific season

what do your tv series folders look like?
As an example i have a folder

Subfolder : Season 01
Episodes then renamed according to the TVDB using The renamer.
I have managed to add art using either Ember or Media Elch previously

When i go through the web interface for the MEdia Browser 3 server and edit season if i click then on images and browse online images there are no backdrops found - it does pick up season specific banners
Have you checked to see that there are actually season-specific backdrops available on the tvdb? If not then there won't be any to pick from. Someone recently brought up the idea of making series images available to choose at the season level, and I think that's a good idea but I haven't gotten to it yet.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Browser - Streaming/Transcoding and managment server for Kodi6