Linux requires xbmc.python version 1.0 which is not available
Hi guys, i am trying to install some skins and addons and i have this error:

23:52:59 T:3007113024 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (FileBrowser.xml) ------
23:52:59 T:3007113024 DEBUG: GetZipList - Processing zip://%2fhome%2fxbmc%2fNavi-X-v37_8.zip/
23:52:59 T:3007113024 DEBUG: Addon script.navi-x requires xbmc.python version 1.0 which is not available

can you guys help me out please? how can i fix this?

XBMC 13.0 alpha9
yeah, i'm having trouble with some addons.
seems like something didn't get added, or maybe a change in the way Gotham handles these things.

maybe it will get fixed in the next release...
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
in all addons says corrupted, then i try to install and it says dependencies missing.
strange.
here is the solution: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=149712
You missed the other solution as well which is also know fix. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Forum_rules
ok i understand that and for that sorry, what about almost 90% addons broken?
i try to install themes or other addons and says "broken"
On recent alphas this python message pops up about every addon, not just unsupported ones like NaviX.

So please ignore the particular context and advise whether this can be fixed?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
what fix? if you got the message it's simply not supported anymore.
i'm not going to do some guessing games here.

we deprecated the python 1.0 API so if you are still using that old junk make sure it's getting updated.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
OK I will debug log tonight, but the message I am getting is "Addon [anyaddonname] requires xbmc.python version 1.0 which is not available" - and seems to be presenting itself for every addon on the system.

Like you say, no debug log so i'll post again tonight when I have the machne in front of me.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Quote:we deprecated the python 1.0 API so if you are still using that old junk make sure it's getting updated.

^^
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
well ok, i understand now. so all we have to do now is wait for theme/addons authors update their addons?
(2013-10-14, 01:11)Martijn Wrote: what fix? if you got the message it's simply not supported anymore.
i'm not going to do some guessing games here.

we deprecated the python 1.0 API so if you are still using that old junk make sure it's getting updated.
The abuse is definitely not appreciated.

I am coming to this thread more than a year later, searching for the solution to a problem, only to get this.

An explanation, only, especially for the new user like myself just trying sink into what is this XBMC thing, would have been appreciated.

Merely saying, instead, "Python 1.0 is an old API that has since been deprecated. If you are getting such errors you will need to wait for the author to update their addon. Asking for them to do so in their support forum is your only course of action." would have entirely answered the OP.

The old questions and answers are useful to new users, even a year and more later. Sadly, however, the abusive bullying also came along, and reflects poorly on 'Team Kodi' - as the profile says. I don't expect this is the impression Kodi wants to have left behind ... forever.

The additional problem here is that things fail silently and mysteriously.

Perhaps marking such addons as 'broken', 'dependency unavailable', or 'out of date' would be more useful than having followed instructions, and different results being obtained, from the 'system' (appropriately) taking care of and protecting itself. As it stands, the NEW user has nowhere to go to try and sleuth out what's going on.

Perhaps as a system setting 'Display broken addons (with notation)'. Give the new / gui user a breadcrumb.

CDN$0.02

P.S. Mods - for the reasons given above, perhaps editing this thread would be prudent, should any spare time for it miraculously appear.
There is no abuse, harden up.
Why is so hard to get a straight and complete answer here? Many of us are not experts or python gurus. That is why we come here to ask questions.

The answer to the posted question was as we now know is that Python 1.0 is no longer supported by Kodi, but yet there are still many addons that have not been updated and do depend on that version of Python.

That is a reasonable answer, however, knowing at what version of Kodi this occurred could be very helpful to us. Some of us are running Beta versions, others running Gotham, others are running Helix, etc. Maybe some of us would be better off going back to a previous version and wait for the addon folks to have time to catch up with the main development.

We all certainly appreciate the efforts everyone contributes to making Kodi. And while I understand the main Kodi developers do not support addons it is a fact that addon capability is a huge part of why Kodi experiences the popularity that it does.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
requires xbmc.python version 1.0 which is not available0