Remote to access smart playlist
Hi everybody,

I'm currently configuring my Harmony One on openeElec, and I can't find any resources on this. What I'm looking to do is create a command on the remote that will go directly to a smart playlist (say "In Progress TV Shows"). I've seen some mention of actions like "XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideos)", but nothing that would go directly to a named smart playlist.

Is what I'm looking to do possible?

Sorry! It looks like I might have posted this in the wrong forum? Would somebody mind moving it to a better home? Smile
Yes It's possible, for a video playlist you could use somthing like this..

XBMC.ActivateWindow(video,special://profile/playlists/video/playlist.xsp,return)

if you are unsure of the path to the playlist just save it as a favourite and check the favourites.xml located in the userdata folder.
If this works, you sir will win an internet.

I'll give that a shot when I'm home tonight Smile
So I did a first pass, and I'm still not getting the results I'm looking for.

Just for clarification, I am using the latest 3.2.2 OpenELEC.

This is what I've done:

1. Run irw and press the Harmony One software button I've set up. I chose to send RecordedTV (since I don't use that feature and will never in the future use it either). irw reports this key as KEY_PVR
2. Set up Lircmap.xml with the following content:
Code:
<lircmap>
       <remote device="devinput">
               <recordedtv>KEY_PVR</recordedtv>
       </remote>
  </lircmap>
3. Set up remote.xml under keymaps folder with the following content:
Code:
<keymap>
    <global>
        <remote>
            <recordedtv>XBMC.ActivateWindow(video,<path to in progress shows copied from favorites.xml>,return)</recordedtv>
        </remote>
    </global>
</keymap>
4. Restarted XBMC
5. Tested my new button. Nothing
6. Enable debug logging and try again. I check the logs and it keeps trying to execute this command instead of the one I've requested: XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 34,0, 13,0) (this is the same command that's in the default remote.xml

My question now is:
1. Does remote.xml require a full set of commands, even if I'm only overwriting one value? I remember seeing a place that said application of xml files is done in alphabetical order and if something is after, it takes priority. Is there a log that shows the order of application so I can be sure the default isn't overriding?
2. Does my setup above look correct? If not, how can I fix it?
3. Does the standard OpenELEC hardcode the PVR key? I saw a thread that said the PVR build of OpenELEC might do this, but nothing about the basic builds.
4. If all else fails, should I try another key instead of one of the PVR keys? I'm sure I can find something I won't use in the future.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote to access smart playlist0