OS X Video stutter, no audio, after reconnecting HDMI output
Verticle blank sync was not enabled as the default in the nightly version. I turned it to Always On and the issue of what I called horizontal tearing has been resolved. However, I believe the proper term is Verticle Tearing.
Is it just me or did OSX 10.9.2 update break the audio once again?

The video stutter and no audio after reconnecting the hdmi was fixed in January. I updated from a Gotham alpha version to the latest beta and OSX 10.9.2 at the same time and noticed the problem was back again. Then I reverted to an older alpha and sure enough the problem still exists so the only thing I can think of is the OSX update broke it. Is anyone else having this problem now?
Its in the Works - not related to Mavericks but to our New audio Engine (the final one this time) - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=185395
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-03-08, 18:20)jer78 Wrote: Is it just me or did OSX 10.9.2 update break the audio once again?

The video stutter and no audio after reconnecting the hdmi was fixed in January. I updated from a Gotham alpha version to the latest beta and OSX 10.9.2 at the same time and noticed the problem was back again. Then I reverted to an older alpha and sure enough the problem still exists so the only thing I can think of is the OSX update broke it. Is anyone else having this problem now?

Try the Feb 21 nightly build version. It should work for you.

Cheers
Ok thanks. I'll revert back to that one in the meantime
FWIW check out the March 8th nightly build. It has a fix that helped me out and it may work for you. I'd be curious to know how it works for you.

cheers
Thanks clipper99. The March 8th build works great for me too
(2014-03-10, 06:06)jer78 Wrote: Thanks clipper99. The March 8th build works great for me too

March 9th works too so it looks like the fix is in for our issues and we'll be good to go for the official B2. I see a couple other threads related to sound and HDMI issues so I hope they can get everyone fixed up before the final release. The devs here have been really great to deal with.
Is there any fix for this when running Frodo 12.x or is the only option to switch to Gotham/Helix?

When I was running 12.3 on OSX 10.8 I had this issue on rare occasions and only when I left XBMC idle and had turned on/off my AVR or TV. But after I updated to Mavericks 10.9 this is happening more frequently, multiple times a day and have even occurred inbetween episodes, e.g. episode finish and I start the next one immediately afterwards.

I'm suffering from the tearing on 13.x/14.0 (Video tearing on Nightly/Maverick) which is why I've stayed at Frodo 12.3 up until now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video stutter, no audio, after reconnecting HDMI output0