Why is my phone trying to send YT videos to XBMC? (SOLVED)
When I have XBMC open on my HTPC and I'm browsing on my phone, if I come across a link to a YT video and I tap it, instead of opening the video in the YT app like it normally would, it sends the link to XBMC. This happens even if Yatse isn't running. I can't figure out which setting in XBMC I changed that this has started happening but I don't mess with settings much, it's usually fine as is. I'm sure it's something simple but I can't find it? Anyone know?
Edit: looks like you are using android, so my initial response was wrong.
yatse=android so no iphone junk there Wink

probably because you set it to always use the same action at some point when it asked.
no clue how to change that on droid
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Might be upnp instead then ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Tried turning off upnp in XBMC which had no effect. Yes, it is an Android phone running the latest build of Cyanogenmod. It's possible that I did click the wrong default app at some stage but then it sends videos to the YT app like normal when XBMC isn't running. I'll have to try and figure out where the default app options are in CM, because it's not a menu that's readily apparent.
(2013-10-15, 13:13)Briany Wrote: Tried turning off upnp in XBMC which had no effect. Yes, it is an Android phone running the latest build of Cyanogenmod. It's possible that I did click the wrong default app at some stage but then it sends videos to the YT app like normal when XBMC isn't running. I'll have to try and figure out where the default app options are in CM, because it's not a menu that's readily apparent.

that should indeed be it as yatse probably detects if xbmc is running and if not disables itself as default action.
some google-fu should point out where default actions are handled
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
You have yatse set as default. If yatse can't find XBMC it will probably start the local player with your link which is why youtube starts then.
To get rid of the default setting do this:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/43135/how...oid-tasks/

In short, navigate to Applications, Manage Applications and select Yatse. Then click the button under Launch by default and reset it.
Thanks, yes, I got to the default action settings in CM and for some reason Yatse was down as the default YT app. Must have been a careless click on my part. Sorted now, I think.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why is my phone trying to send YT videos to XBMC? (SOLVED)0