Raspberry Pi and Windows 8
Hello everybody!

I am using XBMC (RASPBMC) for quite a while now. However I recently got two "new" devices/softwares to use it with (Android Tablet/Windows 8).

Here however, I particulary want to know how to set up my Windows 8 in order to use it with my raspberry pi again (I guess the same will count for my android tablet then).

Until three days ago I used my Windows 7 computer as a source to stream videos from. Another Laptop, also using Windows 7, also works perfectly fine. However, a few days ago I installed Windows 8 and somehow am not able to make them work together. I enabled the "network access" and even created a user "everybody" to have access. I even tried it exactly the same like the Windows 7 laptop (which btw HAS access to the Windows 8 computer). However, it still does not work.

It seems like I use the wrong "Username" (I used for Windows 7 the "Windows 7 laptop username" and tried the same with the Windows 8 computer, without success though).
Another idea was that it has something to do with whether or not they are in the same homenetwork. I know that Windows 7 and 8 are in the same network (Workgroup). I am not sure about the Raspberry Pi (and tablet) though, but I can see the RASPBMC as a computer on the Network settings.

Do you guys have any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thank you in advance!

Cheers,
odoM
You probably need to turn off password protection on the network shares.. http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/990...s-8-a.html

also..

creating a user called "everybody" wont do anything.. you need to allow "everyone" access to the folder.. "everyone" is a built in group.
I guess I expressed myself badly in terms of creating a user "everyone". I meant I used the built-in group of course.

Anyhow, thanks a lot. The other part did the trick actually Smile So thank you a lot!!! Didn't even realized it when I browsed through the options there Smile

So again: THANK YOU!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspberry Pi and Windows 80