Osx Mavericks
Their tone really isn't any different this year. Martijn gets annoyed at Mac OS X users all the time, but he's not a Mac OS X developer (or user), so don't worry about what he says. As for the rest of them, they're still pretty much the same they've always been, if not more patient than normal.

It is not a fact that problems have increased. Where are you getting that? Audio in Frodo was a major pain in the ass for all platforms of XBMC. The fallout from that has been a major issue, and a ton of work has been done to fix it for the next release. Other issues, like that weird 46 minute video crash bug, have actually been fixed despite how hard they were to even find. XBMC for Mac OS X is stable and on par with the other desktop OSes, which all have their own little quirks.

So no, no one is throwing in the towel.
reading the posts here I woudl be surprised if anyone still wants to work on OSX.

if people are not happy with the speed at which development is happening there is always github, anyone... and I mean this, anyone who is not happy with any aspect of XBMC is welcome to post a fix in a form of PR and we will look it over and if found correct it will be included. only people that have done that are allowed to complain and bitch about something not working.... all we are asking is a reasonable amount of time to fix things, is that so much to ask?

fact that YOU jumped on 10.9 the day it got released is ONLY YOUR problem, and not ours.
Guys, you know you should just create a wiki entry with the points you've clarified here, and direct people to it. It may also be that people for whom this is the fist upgrade of the mac OS since they have started using XBMC are enquiring. This will just keep occurring each year.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

This is the first time that I know of where a Mac OS update flat out prevented XBMC from working at all. Personally, I'm not of the opinion that people who update right away are "stupid", and am normally someone who updates right away (currently having some unrelated hard drive issues that is preventing me from updating at the moment. Plus, always do a full backup before update. Always). Sure, small issues here and there should be expected, but what we're seeing this time is very different.

However, the issue is mentioned in the Mac FAQ (wiki). We also have a nice Mac OS X (wiki) page for all Mac OS X topics and tips, should anyone want to expand on anything said here.
(2013-10-28, 11:36)Ned Scott Wrote: It is not a fact that problems have increased. Where are you getting that? Audio in Frodo was a major pain in the ass for all platforms of XBMC.

So no, no one is throwing in the towel.

Ned I am glad to hear it. I may have been a touch too dramatic but I wasn't comparing OSX to other systems, I was thinking about how smooth it ran (once the audio settings had been tinkered with a little) in Eden and how many problems I have been having trying to get it to run video of all sorts smoothly. I have never had to tinker so much without much success. The problems aren't huge but pans and such just stutter and the photo app doesn't work at all anymore with dng files.

But I was also reacting to comments by people I regarded as developers who have been scoffing at Apple and OSX for a variety of no doubt legitimate shortcomings. It is just that as a user you start wondering whether they think it is worth it.
Have all the issues been fixed yet?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Osx Mavericks0