• 7(current)
Testers wanted: XBMC v12.3 testing
(2013-11-17, 06:54)silverdr Wrote: OSX 10.9, xbmc-20131101-0536b03-Frodo-x86_64.dmg

- problems getting mouse pointer visible when XBMC is not active application. Both in fullscreen and windowed mode. Combination of hiding XBMC (from the menu) and choosing items from menu bar may bring the pointer back

- Keyboard shortcut for "Hide XBMC" minimises its window to Dock rather than hiding

- video playback difficult due to repeated "seeking", causing up to a few seconds of delays whenever jumping backwards or forwards or changing playback speed

With regards.

(2013-10-31, 08:17)Ned Scott Wrote: At least on Mac OS X and Linux builds, there seems to be a regression on seeking video where it takes a 1-2 seconds for playback to start. Seems to happen with both back/forward steps and rewind/fast forward.

I confirm - here the delays are sometimes even longer. Quite annoying.

Try the 32-bit version that was made Nov 4th. Some of those issues should be fixed there.
(2013-11-17, 07:13)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2013-11-17, 06:54)silverdr Wrote: OSX 10.9, xbmc-20131101-0536b03-Frodo-x86_64.dmg

- problems getting mouse pointer visible when XBMC is not active application. Both in fullscreen and windowed mode. Combination of hiding XBMC (from the menu) and choosing items from menu bar may bring the pointer back

- Keyboard shortcut for "Hide XBMC" minimises its window to Dock rather than hiding

- video playback difficult due to repeated "seeking", causing up to a few seconds of delays whenever jumping backwards or forwards or changing playback speed

With regards.

(2013-10-31, 08:17)Ned Scott Wrote: At least on Mac OS X and Linux builds, there seems to be a regression on seeking video where it takes a 1-2 seconds for playback to start. Seems to happen with both back/forward steps and rewind/fast forward.

I confirm - here the delays are sometimes even longer. Quite annoying.

Try the 32-bit version that was made Nov 4th. Some of those issues should be fixed there.

Thank you for your reply. Just tried the suggested build. Seems that all of the mentioned above issues are still there, though.
(2013-11-17, 06:54)silverdr Wrote: - Keyboard shortcut for "Hide XBMC" minimises its window to Dock rather than hiding

Seems this happens in XBMC v12.2 with OSX 10.8 as well.
Is there a Debian version (sid)?
I dont know if some one pointed out already. This build does not support external video players.
(2013-11-18, 05:03)wanriz Wrote: I dont know if some one pointed out already. This build does not support external video players.

For which OS? If Android, this is a pre-existing issue and not a regression (which is what this thread is for).
Please forgive my ignorance Ned, but why cant xbmc versions that support external players be used for further R&D?
It is so much smoother streaming.
(2013-11-18, 21:06)wanriz Wrote: Please forgive my ignorance Ned, but why cant xbmc versions that support external players be used for further R&D?

External player support for XBMC for Android is already being worked on for a long term, proper fix. The short term fixes aren't suitable for inclusion in the XBMC v12.3 bug fix release.

As far as XBMC for Android is concerned, anyone who wants a smooth expierence is much better off running a nightly build (wiki), which brings hardware video decoding to the majority of ARM chipsets out there. That's far smoother than using a clunky external player set up.
I know Allwinner wasn't supported on previous versions of XBMC. I was wondering if this build because of my tests. Both Aiwinner android boxes. I installed stable version frodo and video had a lot of problems. I tried installing sad versions with external players no luck. So I installed this version and....

A10 = no go. Still video problems.
A20 = works good I see very little video problems.

So my question is are Allwinner will eventually be supported? Should I go for a nightly and see? Or can you recommend me something.

Thanks.

(2013-11-18, 21:35)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2013-11-18, 21:06)wanriz Wrote: Please forgive my ignorance Ned, but why cant xbmc versions that support external players be used for further R&D?

External player support for XBMC for Android is already being worked on for a long term, proper fix. The short term fixes aren't suitable for inclusion in the XBMC v12.3 bug fix release.

As far as XBMC for Android is concerned, anyone who wants a smooth expierence is much better off running a nightly build (wiki), which brings hardware video decoding to the majority of ARM chipsets out there. That's far smoother than using a clunky external player set up.
Proper support for A10 requires help from Allwinner directly. We asked them several times for help, and in the end they strung our devs along and lied to us. If we could get A10 hardware video decoding for XBMC that was stable, we'd welcome it.

A20 and A30 sound like they will work on the latest nightly builds (wiki) because even Allwinner decided to support better methods of hardware video decoding.
Thumbs Up 
I am shocked for someone to release an android box and not support hd video. I will test the nightly today.

What about TELEchips? I have a equiso stick as we'll and it 12.2 frodo seems to work sometimes it has problems. Think nightly or Gotham might work better on it?

I love the work you guys are doing.
BTW on my quad core RK3188 I use MXPLayer on Frodo and it plays HD absolutely wonderfully.
(2013-11-19, 17:38)Soulassasin187 Wrote: I am shocked for someone to release an android box and not support hd video. I will test the nightly today.

i am shocked users are expecting the world without even knowing the slightest thing about development
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Sad 
The latest MacOSX 64-bit (osx/xbmc-20131101-0536b03-Frodo-x86_64.dmg) works fine in my Mac Mini 2009 (Intel Core 2 Duo - Nvidia 9400M) under Mavericks 64-bit in a first impression. The 12.2 stable version didn't run
(2013-11-19, 20:10)wanriz Wrote: BTW on my quad core RK3188 I use MXPLayer on Frodo and it plays HD absolutely wonderfully.

No one cares. Now please keep this thread on topic.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testers wanted: XBMC v12.3 testing1