Win view XBMC video add on on TV wirelessly
Sad 
Hello all, i am new to the thread but have been using XBMC for over a year now. So far i always used it on my laptop for the awesome video addons, so i get all tv shows off the internet in one place. Now something changed.. i bought a 55" plasma tv which has DLNA, along with i also bought a Sony Blu Ray player which has DLNA as well, additionally i also was gifted Apple TV. So i currently have 3 devices and i have them hooked to my TV via HDMI cables, now here's my scenario which i am finding hard to execute on XBMC.

I would like get the content of Video Addon's on XBMC delivered to my TV, either through DLNA or through AirPlay, preferrably DLNA as that is awesome Smile. Now after exploring the forums i concluded the following:

a) for DLNA i will need PlayTo which is still under development in Gotham (v13) it *might* work but after trying the monthly builds it didn't work for me
b) XBMC can only act as AirPlay receiver not streamer, to achieve that i might need to install AirParrot to mirror the screen on my windows machine, but then i will still need remote to navigate around
c) I recently saw XBMC.MyLibrary which was enabling any content source added to the video library which i can then browse on my TV/BluRay via DLNA, is that my only option?

My ideal dream would be to see the whole XBMC screen on the TV without connecting the laptop by the wire and control it via a RemoteApp.. I have Surface RT and Lumia 920 but none of them have any XBMC remotes Sad, i am a developer myself is that something i can contribute to build?

Kindly help me out, i am really enthused with this effort and i want to make it more better.. i am sure what i am requiring is a common scenario, isn't it? Appreciate your time, awaiting a reply.
Buy an htpc, install xbmc on it. Plug into tv. Enjoy.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-11-03, 00:43)nickr Wrote: Buy an htpc, install xbmc on it. Plug into tv. Enjoy.

isn't that same has connecting a HDMI cable to the existing setup?
XBMC is designed to be connected to it's playback screen direct from the computer it is running on, ie by HDMI, DVI, VGA etc.

I can't get my gotham build to work at the moment, but I don't think addons can use the upcoming PlayTo feature.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
And most "SMART TV's" aren't as smart as the manufacturers make out. There is sure to be a poor implementation of DLNA or an unsupported feature that you want. I'm talking from years of experience with these POS's.

You would be better served by investing n a dedicated media player that runs XBMC or a small footprint NUC computer.

You will save yourself thousands of dollars spent on the hair replacement therapy otherwise.
Yep, XBMC is far smarter than any 'smart' TV.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
view XBMC video add on on TV wirelessly1