Win Ceton Infinitv4 XBMC WIndows 8 NOOB
Sad 
Hello my fellow XBMC-ers. I'm new to the fourms, But I have been watching and apart of the community since xbmc on the original xbox. I couldn't find help on this topic, and i tried and tired and spent hours messing with it:

Basically, I can't get Ceton to work with nextpvr or anything else other then Windows Media Center. I would like to watch everything through XBMC. Also, i'm building another xbmc pc and would like to stream to that PC (since Windows Media Center to Windows Media Center isn't allowed).

Has anyone had success with this?
Check out the ServerWMC PVR add-on.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=171216

It'll work with all channels that don't have copy protection enabled. Those channels vary by your cable provider.

As for WMC-to-WMC streaming, that's not allowed. You'll need extender hardware (either a dedicated extender or an Xbox 360).
(2013-11-04, 18:05)ascagnel Wrote: Check out the ServerWMC PVR add-on.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=171216

It'll work with all channels that don't have copy protection enabled. Those channels vary by your cable provider.

As for WMC-to-WMC streaming, that's not allowed. You'll need extender hardware (either a dedicated extender or an Xbox 360).

Thanks for the help ascagnel. So the ServerWMC PVR will work, but a few channels will be blocked. But does Nextpvr or the other ones let you watch the blocked channels?

Also, could i use this on the other HTPC that doesn't have the card installed and just stream?
(2013-11-04, 18:51)loci03 Wrote: Thanks for the help ascagnel. So the ServerWMC PVR will work, but a few channels will be blocked. But does Nextpvr or the other ones let you watch the blocked channels?
All the backends have the same limitations when it comes to CableCard devices. ie, copy-freely content only.

The number of channels you'll have available will vary between cable companies. Some companies give you most channels as copy-freely. Some give you pretty much nothing as copy-freely.
(2013-11-04, 21:00)sub3 Wrote:
(2013-11-04, 18:51)loci03 Wrote: Thanks for the help ascagnel. So the ServerWMC PVR will work, but a few channels will be blocked. But does Nextpvr or the other ones let you watch the blocked channels?
All the backends have the same limitations when it comes to CableCard devices. ie, copy-freely content only.

The number of channels you'll have available will vary between cable companies. Some companies give you most channels as copy-freely. Some give you pretty much nothing as copy-freely.

Ah got you. Ok when I get home I will give this a shot. Thanks guys, I wish there was something i can help you guys with, Maybe I will put up a video of my HTPC or something. its 20.5 tb of storage, Hyperspin, Steam, Etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ceton Infinitv4 XBMC WIndows 8 NOOB0