• 26(current)
Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on

I noticed with this if i play directly from the addon, the videos play fine, but now my strm files in my library are no longer playing. I have even rescanned/downloaded the strm files. i get the following error when playing the strm from library mode.

22:36:10 T:4056 ERROR: perror:
22:36:10 T:4056 ERROR: Error on dvdnav_open
22:36:10 T:4056 ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening []
22:36:10 T:4056 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit()
22:36:10 T:3432 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.gdrive-testing/?mode=video&username=Kraevin1&filename=0B6ioADvzj8dTc3JtYXVnRDJlZW8&title=12+Monkeys+-+S01E01+-+Splinter+-+%5BWEBDL-1080p%5D.mkv]
22:36:10 T:3432 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::CloseFile()
22:36:10 T:3432 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
22:36:10 T:3432 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: finished waiting
22:36:10 T:2644 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
(2015-05-05, 04:38)Kraevin Wrote: 6.20

I noticed with this if i play directly from the addon, the videos play fine, but now my strm files in my library are no longer playing. I have even rescanned/downloaded the strm files. i get the following error when playing the strm from library mode.

22:36:10 T:3432 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.gdrive-testing/?mode=video&username=Kraevin1&filename=0B6ioADvzj8dTc3JtYXVnRDJlZW8&title=12+Monkeys+-+S01E01+-+Splinter+-+%5BWEBDL-1080p%5D.mkv]

Making a lot of changes behind the scenes, so a lot of breaks over the past few days and over the next few days. That's why it's -testing after-all Smile

I'll push out 0.6.21, which .STRM playback works, but the offline playback doesn't (which is where I'm at, updating it).

http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdl...0.6.21.zip
(2015-05-05, 05:36)dmdsoftware Wrote:

Making a lot of changes behind the scenes, so a lot of breaks over the past few days and over the next few days. That's why it's -testing after-all Smile

I'll push out 0.6.21, which .STRM playback works, but the offline playback doesn't (which is where I'm at, updating it).

Oh i understand its testing, just helping giving you the errors i come across lol
(2015-05-05, 05:46)Kraevin Wrote:
(2015-05-05, 05:36)dmdsoftware Wrote:

Oh i understand its testing, just helping giving you the errors i come across lol

Please continue Smile

After the caching changes, I throw the regression tests at it, and if everything withstands, a 0.7 is pushed out to stable Smile
(2015-05-04, 17:14)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2015-05-04, 15:42)ashlar Wrote: Hi! Does the resume function work for "original files downloads" as well? Or is it just for transcoded (streamed) files?

In 0.6.20, I did some changes to the original playback to see if this method works better. I'm hidden the new logic under (Playback with Original from right-click context). Can you give this a test? Playback of Original through any other means will result in the traditional method (I didn't want to break things well this is tested).

What I noticed is, for me at least, the buffering seems faster, and the seeking is working. I'm interested to see some feedback on it.

http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdl...0.6.20.zip
Tried 0.6.21. Seeking is flawless. o____O You did it, man!!! Big Grin

Now I think the options are in serious need of reorganization, because currently there's a lot of ways of playing back stuff and it's not very clear. Also, to resume one needs to go with the spreadsheet thing you were describing previously, right? But how to differentiate between resuming with original playback and "streaming" playback?

In any case, awesome progress!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2015-05-05, 11:22)ashlar Wrote:
(2015-05-04, 17:14)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2015-05-04, 15:42)ashlar Wrote: Hi! Does the resume function work for "original files downloads" as well? Or is it just for transcoded (streamed) files?

In 0.6.20, I did some changes to the original playback to see if this method works better. I'm hidden the new logic under (Playback with Original from right-click context). Can you give this a test? Playback of Original through any other means will result in the traditional method (I didn't want to break things well this is tested).

What I noticed is, for me at least, the buffering seems faster, and the seeking is working. I'm interested to see some feedback on it.

http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdl...0.6.20.zip
Tried 0.6.21. Seeking is flawless. o____O You did it, man!!! Big Grin

Now I think the options are in serious need of reorganization, because currently there's a lot of ways of playing back stuff and it's not very clear. Also, to resume one needs to go with the spreadsheet thing you were describing previously, right? But how to differentiate between resuming with original playback and "streaming" playback?

In any case, awesome progress!

I'm currently simplifying the playback options which should be simplified enough when a stable build is released. It helps for testing to have them broken down on a right-click menu to ensure I'm testing what I think I'm testing.

Resuming was working before, where XBMC would track your file and allow you to resume or mark as watched. I haven't disabled that but it doesn't appear to be tracking anymore. If I can figure out why it stopped tracking, then this could be used. The spreadsheet method will be optional, and it will bring additional features that will reveal when they are ready for testing. A third method would be to store resume information as a file property in Google Drive.

Right now the snippet dealing with resume via spreadsheet is only tied to original playback. When the playback options are cleaned up over the next two or three releases, it will become applicable to all playback methods and become transparent.
In any case, you really deserve praise for all the work. Off to donate a little more, my friend. You are a gentleman and a scholar! Smile
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2015-05-05, 13:48)ashlar Wrote: In any case, you really deserve praise for all the work. Off to donate a little more, my friend. You are a gentleman and a scholar! Smile

Thanks for the continued support both with your donations and testing support. Anyone who contributes to this thread, whether it is a bug-find or suggestion drive the continued development on this and the other cloud services plugins.
An issue Kraevin identified that everyone should be aware of --> https://github.com/ddurdle/XBMC-gdrive/issues/32

There is currently and issue when enrolling a second instance on the same account. Currently engaging Google for a fix.

It appears only related to enrolling a second device if you recently used your first device within the timeout period. If you enroll the second device more than 60 minutes after last using your first device, the enrollment should succeed.

A workaround is to use a different login type on the second device (if you used Google Apps on the first, select dmdsoftware OAUTH2 on the second). If you are using your own OAUTH2, create multiple client_IDs.

According to the documentation provided by Google, you are supposed to be able to access up to 25 devices with a single app authorization. At the 26th+ enrollment, the first device enrolled for that app with your account becomes "expired", and you would need to re-enroll that device. Likewise, if you haven't used the device for 6 months, the enrollment is inactivated.
New release (0.6.27):
http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdl...0.6.27.zip

There has been a number of releases over the past 4 days in the repository that you may have noticed pushed out. All of them were bug fixes or other related changes, so didn't bother posting here.

0.6.27 adds a new feature, built-in tracking of resume points. It is automatic and works as long as you have authorized with a read & write token (not a READ-ONLY) token. This method does NOT use the spreadsheet method that is also being tested. Instead, it tracks your last spot in the file and will resume from that spot the next time you start the video. Because it does not use KODI for the tracking, it will resume even when invoked from STRM.

Link to authorize with read/write token:
https://accounts.google.com/o/oauth2/aut...ontent.com

Version 0.6.27
- add: track resume point on Google Drive (automatically resume where last left off) -- doesn't use spreadsheet, but requires readwrite authorization
- fix a memory leak
Version 0.6.26
- enrollment fix
- fix: right-click exclusion for images
Version 0.6.25
- fix: playback issue when forced prompt is disabled.
Version 0.6.24
- fixes for slideshow playback
Version 0.6.23
- improvements to offline caching playback
Version 0.6.22
- add: thumbnail caching
- add: srt/cc caching

known issues:
Problem activating a second instance with the same account #32
Play from here in videos causes endless "opening stream" + error #29
(2015-05-12, 17:43)dmdsoftware Wrote: New release (0.6.27):

There has been a number of releases over the past 4 days in the repository that you may have noticed pushed out. All of them were bug fixes or other related changes, so didn't bother posting here.

0.6.27 adds a new feature, built-in tracking of resume points. It is automatic and works as long as you have authorized with a read & write token (not a READ-ONLY) token. This method does NOT use the spreadsheet method that is also being tested. Instead, it tracks your last spot in the file and will resume from that spot the next time you start the video. Because it does not use KODI for the tracking, it will resume even when invoked from STRM.

Version 0.6.27
- add: track resume point on Google Drive (automatically resume where last left off) -- doesn't use spreadsheet, but requires readwrite authorization
- fix a memory leak
Version 0.6.26
- enrollment fix
Version 0.6.25
Version 0.6.24
Version 0.6.23
Version 0.6.22

known issues:

Awesome work!

I will do some more testing with the updated version!
(2015-05-13, 17:37)Kraevin Wrote:
(2015-05-12, 17:43)dmdsoftware Wrote: New release (0.6.27):

Version 0.6.27
- fix a memory leak
Version 0.6.26
- enrollment fix
Version 0.6.25
Version 0.6.24
Version 0.6.23
Version 0.6.22

known issues:

Awesome work!

I will do some more testing with the updated version!

I really want to push users to the spreadsheet model, but it will take some time to create enough features to entice users to the move.

Using application properties that Google provides is very limiting. You can only retrieve them by making a fetch for the meta data for one file at a time (as opposed to a list of files). So, if I wanted to use it to store something like playcount so that I could update the listing with the playcount, if there is a 1000 files in the current directory, I would need to make 1000 calls to Google to fetch this. Using the spreadsheet method, it is a single web call to retrieve the status for all 1000 files.

Also, the properties are limited to "string" values, and the search options are limited to "equal to". So, this makes things like "return all files that have not been watched" impossible as that kind of search requires a "not equal to". Plus, you can't use dates or integers in the searches (so you can't query something like, "return all files that I recently watched").

It does allow me to efficiently "resume" when playing back via STRM, so at least that is accomplished. I only ever have to fetch 1 value at a time, and it is during the same fetch call to get the thumbnail (for STRM playback). "resume" was already working from within the addon itself, files greater than the minimum length will indicate if the file was watched, in progress (and allow you to resume), or unwatched.
Hi there!

I'm new here and I'm only a mere user, don't have much knowledge on IT.

I enjoy very much this addon, I used once but know is really becoming one of the best and intend to use it regularly.

I installed the testing version by the repo, i made the login, everything is fine, but i can't make use of some things.

I added several strm from google drive, movies video work just fine, went in the drive via addon created a strm file directly from a folder, defined the movies folder on settings, then added the folder to the library through video files, all went good, except it doesn't read my srt subtitle in the same folder with the same name, no big deal i have autosubs.

The problem i identified and didn´t manage was with series, i added a strm from a folder with subdirectories to my series folder of settings and added as source ex: seriesname -> seriesname - season 7 -> series.name.S07E01.HDTV.x264-TEAM.mp4.strm this is how it appears but this doesn´t add to the library nor it scrapes.

Ok maybe its bad construction of name file, don´t know, maybe someone could explain me.

The other issue is that when i added strm from gdrive it goes to the main folder on settings and then it goes to the series folder, when i did it, it was on the two locations but on the series folder there were no streams, so i add to do it manually on esexplorer (i have an android box), cut paste from default miscfolder to my series folder.

My idea was when adding strm you could pick on wich folder you want to add the strm file, is simpler and maybe avoid some bugs or noob issues like i had.

The other thing i couldn´t do was to add music to the music library, because there is no predefined folder to do so like for movies and series, so i named the misc folder musicgdrive stream and added the mp3 over there (it always add the strm files there for default i think).
So i set my music folder from pre defined gdrive folder and entering there the mp3.strm plays but i didn´t manage to add them despite off clicking on add to the library. Like in the series i added a folder with: band -> ( album1 ->mp3.strm + album2 -> mp3.strm ).

Is it possible to add music to the library?

Another cool feature was to upload to gdrive, because many addons enable downloading, so maybe we could upload media files and srt also, but i think that might be almost impossible i guess.

Everyone asked about photos and no one about mp3 and music, i think this is very important on a media center, having videos, music and photos would be great.

thanks for considering my first and hope helpful post.
(2015-05-13, 18:21)dmdsoftware Wrote: I really want to push users to the spreadsheet model, but it will take some time to create enough features to entice users to the move.

Using application properties that Google provides is very limiting. You can only retrieve them by making a fetch for the meta data for one file at a time (as opposed to a list of files). So, if I wanted to use it to store something like playcount so that I could update the listing with the playcount, if there is a 1000 files in the current directory, I would need to make 1000 calls to Google to fetch this. Using the spreadsheet method, it is a single web call to retrieve the status for all 1000 files.

Also, the properties are limited to "string" values, and the search options are limited to "equal to". So, this makes things like "return all files that have not been watched" impossible as that kind of search requires a "not equal to". Plus, you can't use dates or integers in the searches (so you can't query something like, "return all files that I recently watched").

It does allow me to efficiently "resume" when playing back via STRM, so at least that is accomplished. I only ever have to fetch 1 value at a time, and it is during the same fetch call to get the thumbnail (for STRM playback). "resume" was already working from within the addon itself, files greater than the minimum length will indicate if the file was watched, in progress (and allow you to resume), or unwatched.

Yes, I think you are correct in pushing the spreadsheet model. Giving an external app write privileges... well, it's not something I'm too keen on. Generaly speaking and with no specific "fear" from your plugin.

Edit: Am I correct in assuming that the spreadsheet file needs to be at root level on Drive?
(2015-05-14, 12:56)ashlar Wrote: Edit: Am I correct in assuming that the spreadsheet file needs to be at root level on Drive?

No, I don't believe so. The sheets API ignores folders and will list all spreadsheets across the account.
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12